This hop is now closed. The winner is Maria Pane from Candy Slabaugh’s blog. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations Buttons and Blooms Shaker Folio for the Alumni Hop
Hello Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations February Alumni Hop! This Buttons and Blooms Shaker Folio is made with the amazing Buttons and Blooms Collection and an assortment of dies from Heartfelt Creations. Crisp, white taffeta ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon is the perfect dance partner for this study in blue.
You can find a tutorial for the base of this 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ folio HERE. (I’ve used different papers, but the design is the same. ) These little folios are made from one sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11 cardstock. Quick and easy to put together, they make great gifts!
Buttons and Blooms Shaker Folio: Creating the Shaker Window
To make the shaker window, follow these simple steps:
- First, select a 4 1/4″ x 51/2″ card front with an oval focal from the Buttons and Blooms Paper Collection.
- Next, die cut the focal from the card front using the Eyelet Oval & Basics Large Die set.Flip the card front to the back side (patterned paper side). We will be using this side of the card front.
- Cut a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ piece of clear cardstock. Use Dries Clear Adhesive to secure this to the back side (which is actually the front side) of this panel. Or, sew together using a sewing machine as I did here.
- To make the white frame, layer the eyelet die and the same die that you used to cut out the focal on a sheet of white cardstock. Make sure everything is centered, secure to the paper with a bit of tape and run through your die cut machine. Center and adhere this over opening.
- Now back the shaker front with 2 layers of 1/2″ foam tape.
- Next, adhere the die cut focal image in the center of a 5 1/2″ square of the blue plaid paper from the collection.
- Place Sparkletz Sailor’s Sky Shaker Mix in the center of the focal image. Then remove the liner from the foam tape and carefully center over the focal image so that it lines up perfectly.
Buttons and Blooms Shaker Folio: Creating the Flowers
Here are the steps to follow to make the flowers:
- Stamp one set of Buttons and Blooms onto the pastel chevron pattern using Cobalt Blue Archival Ink. Emboss with clear powder. Use Sponge Daubers to add yellow and blue inks from your stash to the petal layers.
- Now die cut the flowers with the matching Buttons and Blooms Die.
- Next, Place the petal layers face down in the 3D Floral Basics Shaping Mold. Spritz lightly with a little water and run through your die cutting machine.
- Press the center of each flower layer with the 8mm Ball Stylus to lift the petals and create dimension.
- Once you have layered your flowers together with hot glue, paint the petals with shimmer spray and add a threaded button to the center.
- To make the leaves, stamp the 2 single leaf clusters from Leafy Accents onto the same patterned paper using a dark green ink. Heat emboss with clear powder. Die cut with the matching Leafy Accents Die.
- Use sponge daubers to color the leaves. Shape in the Leafy Accents 3D Shaping Mold.
Buttons and Blooms Shaker Folio: A Peek Inside
Add a little greeting in your own handwriting to really personalize this get well card.
Once the folio is fully opened, you see a slit pocket, a box pocket and a flap made with a Tim Holtz Ancestors Photo.
To create the slit pocket, cut along the top layer of the chevron pattern with a craft knife. Top the tag with white taffeta ribbon and silver metallic string. Die cut a ticket sentiment and add it to the tag. Slide it into the prepared pocket. When you adhere this panel to the folio base, be sure to only place adhesive on the edges, or the tag will get stuck!
Die cut a ticket and add it to the pocket image. And you have plenty of room here to add your own personal get well message.
Use your scraps to create a little treat wallet, then add it a honey stick and a miniature spoon to complete the gift. If you’d like to see another Buttons and Blooms project, click HERE.
On with the Hop!
Here’s the complete blog hop list. Be sure to visit and comment on each blog to have your name entered into the drawing for a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Certificate. The hop will close at 11:55PM on Monday, February 25th. The winner will be announced at the top of this blog post, and on the HC Blog/Facebook page on Wednesday, February 27th. Claim your prize by sending an email to [email protected] within 72 hours. Write “Winner of the February 2019 Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for hopping by!
Buttons and Blooms Shaker Folio Supply List
From Heartfelt Creations:
- Buttons and Blooms Collection
- Other Heartfelt Creations Stamps, Dies and Molds
- Products available at Heartfelt Creations
From Really Reasonable Ribbon: