This hop is now closed. The winner is Betty Jane Caspick. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card for the Alumni Hop
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the August Alumni Hop! Today I have a Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card to share with you. It’s made with the whimsical Under the Sea collection. See if you can guess which Heartfelt Flower Stamp/Die combo I used?
If you guessed Poinsettia and Holly Clusters, then you are right on target! Stamp these little beauties with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink. Then sponge with Abandoned Coral DI. Die cut, run through the Poinsettia Flower mold and you’ve got yourself some coral reef blossoms just like that!
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card: A Look at the Details
This 5″ x 7″ Top Fold card has a fun interactive pocket and shaker tag on the cover. Here’s how I did it.
- First cut a 5″ x 7″ panel of the white/teal woodgrain patterned paper. Ink the edges very lightly with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink.
- Next, cut a 4″ x 6″ panel of the underwater dark teal paper.
- Then, fussy cut the coral reef scene from the paper collection.
- Stitch the left and bottom edges of the coral reef scene to the dark teal underwater panel.
- Now adhere this panel to the woodgrain panel.
- Die cut the fish/porthole from the paper collection using the Coral Reef Collage Die. Adhere as seen in the photo. This is how the pocket is made.
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card: Adding Embellishments
Look at all the great dimension on this card! And really, it’s so simple to make. Here’s how I embellished the card.
- Brush the sandy bottom of the coral reef scene with Versamark Embossing Ink.
- Next, sprinkle liberally with Seth Apter’s Dirty Sand Baked Texture. Heat emboss to create realistic looking textured sand.
- Cut the Happy Birthday ticket from the paper collection. Adhere with dimensionals.
- Die cut the coral reef border from the paper collection using the Coral Reef Collage Die. Pop up on dimensionals and adhere to lower left corner.
- Stamp, color and die cut two sets of Poinsettia and Holly Clusters onto white card using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink.
- Run through the Poinsettia Flower Mold.
- Now layer together with glue. Add Coral See and Seas the Day Prills to the centers.
- Then adhere to the card as seen.
- Finally, tie a double loop bow using Coral Satin Ribbon.
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card: A quick and easy shaker element
This little 3″ x 5 1/2″ shaker pouch is super easy to make. Here’s how:
- Cut a 2 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ panel of the woodgrain paper. Crop the corners with a Crop-a-Dile Stub punch. Then ink the edges.
- Fussy cut the seahorses and greenery from the paper collection. Adhere to the woodgrain panel.
- Mat this panel on a slightly larger rectangle of white cardstock.
- Now cut a 3″ x 5 1/2″ panel of clear cardstock.
- Next, secure the clear cardstock panel to the shaker pouch base with binder clips or safety pins.
- Stitch the sides and bottom on your sewing machine. Leave the top edge open.
- Fill the pouch with Buttons Galore Ocean Waves Sparkletz.
- Now stitch the top edge closed.
- Next, cut the thread so it is long. Use the top thread to tie on a couple of cute ocean charms.
- Tie a bow with curling glittery ribbon and adhere .
- Adhere a cluster of poinsettia in the corner.
- Insert the tag in the pocket.
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card: A Peek Inside
Inside the card, I created a couple of cute pockets. Then I filled them with elements from the collection. The seashell is die cut from the paper collection, shaped with the stylus, inked with Abandoned Coral DI and adhered to the card. Tuck a journal card in the pocket and add your personal greeting to the card.
Create a little gift card wallet using the cut aparts from the collection.
Decorate with papers. This is such a fun way to present a gift card.
On With the Hop
Be sure to visit all the blogs in the hop and leave a lovely comment behind so that your name will be entered into the drawing for a $25 gift card to Heartfelt Creations.
This hop ends on Monday, September 3rd at 11:59PM EDT. The winner will be announced here and on the Heartfelt Creations blog on Wednesday, September 5th. Claim your prize by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail. Write “winner of the August Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Here is the blog hop list:
Kathy (You are HERE) ♥ Amarilys ♥ Pam ♥ Vicki ♥ Emily ♥
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card Supply List
Heartfelt Creations Products
- Under the Sea Collection
- Other Products
- Buttons Galore Ocean Waves Sparkletz
- White Cardstock
- Hot Glue Gun
- Seahorse/Sand Dollar Charm from my stash
- Light Coral Double Faced Satin Ribbon
Such amazing cards . Love the shaker card. Thanks for sharing with us.
Wow, I just love this fun shaker card Kathy! What an awesome way to use the poinsettias!
Such a creative use of these lovely hc papers!
The colors look great. I love all of the papers you chose.
You used my favorite stamps and dies! I LOVE how they look. I have made a couple of cards with them already myself. I LOVE how many details you included. SO GORGEOUS!
I love your card. I just love all of Heartfelt Creations things. It is so neat to see that you incorporate different stamps into 1 card. If I would try it would take me 2 days with how many mistakes. Beautiful♥️
I love your usage of the papers… they are so beautiful, I never know how to do them justice. Awesome work!
Very Cute! That gives me ideas for how to use the small poinsettias! Lovely job. <3
Terrific card. Love all the extra elements!
Love the cards!!!!!
Beautiful card. Very creative!
Love the colors you used! Versitile die use is awesome! !
Beautiful! Looks like you put a lot of time and love into it!
Soooo gorgeous! One of my fav collections too! It’s so bright and cheery!
I just love the Under the Sea collection and the new ways you have combined it with other collections. Kathy, you have inspired me! Thanks
you are so creative!
What an amazing shaker card, love how you used the wee poinsettia!
Another well done folder/card with instructions. Always love how much detail you put into your projects.
Amazing card! Love how you
used the Poinsettia and Holly.
The shaker part is so cool
Carla from Utah
Love those gorgeous seahorses! Your card is so beautiful with so many lovely details! Love the shaker part and your fabulous coloring!
Such exceptional Under the Sea card and shaker!! The way you pulled out the Poinsettia and Holly images to really add even more pizzazz to the already whimsical set! The seahorse piece is divine and especially with the fab sewn edges and shakers inside!
I love the blue sequences you used in your shaker tag. Beautiful card.
Love the shaker element! Nice to see an under sea project to close out the summer. Thanks!
Awesome “sea” type cards!
Soooo much detail! Amazing.
What a delightful shaker card, Kathy. As summer officially comes to an end with Labor Day, this seaside creation is a great way to remember these past summer days. I love the shaker piece with those beautifully colored sea horses. Thanks for sharing it on the blog hop. Heartfelt Creation products are among my favorites.
Kathy, what a beautiful sea themed card. Heartfelt Creations has such gorgeous papers. Of course living by the Gulf of Mexico I love anything beachy or having to do with sea creatures! I especially have a love for little seahorses. They are so darling and mysterious looking. This collection is amazing and you have made it even more so with your design. Thank you for sharing! Hugs
Stunning and vibrant card Kathy! Just Love those beautifully coloured Seahorses!
And what beautiful coral reef blossoms they are too. Thinking to use the poinsettia flower petals like that is genius! Well done!
Love, love this card! You put it together in a beautiful and imaginative way, as always. Thanks for sharing your talent.
Adorable! I’m like a kid when it comes to shakers! LOL I just love ’em! Thanks for sharing!
This is adorable Kathy! So many wonderful details and happy colors!!