Heartfelt Creations December 2021 Alumni Blog Hop: Wintry Cottage Garden Window Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations December 2021 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here, and continues through Monday, January 3rd at 11:59PM EST. The Alumni Team has prepared a wonderful array of projects to inspire you this month! Be sure to visit each blog in the hop and leave a sweet comment behind because ONE randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog will receive a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card!
In addition Heartfelt Creations is offering a SECOND $25 gift card for those who visit their blog and leave a comment on the tutorial they have provided. What a great way to close out 2021 and welcome 2022!
The winner of each gift card will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations Blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, January 5th. Be sure to check those forums to see if you are the lucky winner! You will have 72 hours to claim your prize by emailing [email protected]. Be sure to write “Winner of the December 2021 Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
**NOTE: Please comment with your first and last name so that we can accurately reward the winner of the gift card. Thank you!
Now, let’s get on with the hop!
Wintry Cottage Garden Window Shaker Card and Party in a Box
My inspiration piece for the hop is this Wintry Cottage Garden Shaker Window card. This is one of my signature “Party in a Box” cards filled with treats and surprises.
Although the Cottage Garden Collection has a definite springtime theme, I changed things up with a few simple steps.
- First, create a shaker window filled with sweet little snowmen, snowflakes and ice crystals. I die cut 2 windows from the paper collection: one with the grid die in the center and one without. Then I backed the grid window with clear cardstock, added layers of foam tape, shaker elements and foam tape to secure it to the 2nd die cut window.
- Next, add a snowy effect to the hydrangea blossoms with Dries White Adhesive and Rajni Chawla’s Frosted Crystals.
- Now stamp and die cut some Leafy Accents and give them the same icy treatment. A bit of white lace trim adds to the snowy feel of this whimsical creation.
Save time by die cutting the hydrangea blossoms from the paper pad! Then you only need to brush on some glue and shake on the glitter!
Hot Chocolate Party!
Finish the inside of the card with a box pocket and a tag pocket cut from one of the fancy tags in the paper collection.
Fill the pocket with gift wrapped hot chocolate packet, note card, cookies, chocolate and a demitasse spoon. This sweet gift will warm up any winter day, don’t you think?
On With the Hop!
Now hop on through this list to see what the rest of the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Team has prepared for you.
You will find a linked supply list below this post.
TO LEAVE A COMMENT: Please click on the “Reply” link at the top of this page, just below the post title. Thanks!
I hope I’ve shared some tips and tricks you can use in your next crafty adventure! Enjoy the hop!
- Cottage Garden Collection
- Other Heartfelt Creations Stamps and Dies