Heartfelt Creations December 2022 Alumni Blog Hop
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations December 2022 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here and continues until 11:55 PM EST on Monday, January 2nd.
Heartfelt Creations is giving away TWO $25 Gift Card prizes. To be entered into the drawing, simply visit the blogs in the hop and leave a sweet comment. One winner will be randomly selected from a mystery blog. The other winner will be selected from comments on the Heartfelt Creations Blog.
Winners will be announced on the Heartfelt Facebook page and blog on Wednesday, January 4th. If you are a lucky winner, please claim your prize by emailing email@example.com. Please write “Winner of the December Alumni Blog Hop’ in the subject line of your message.
Friendship Rose Shaker Card
My inspiration piece for the hop is this 5 1/2″ square shaker card made with the Friendship Rose collection. Here’s how to put the card base together:
- First, score a 5 1/2″ x 11″ panel of heavy white cardstock in half at 5 1/2″.
- Next, trim a 6×6 card front from the paper collection to 5 3/8″.
- Then mat it on a 5 1/2″ square of black cardstock.
- Now thread thin pink gingham ribbon through the openings of a piece of heart lace. Place Scor-Tape along the base of the panel, leaving the ends of the lace and the Scor-Tape slightly longer than the width of the panel.
- Next, wrap the ends of the lace and the tape behind the panel. This leaves a neat clean edge on your card. Finish by topping the lace border with little pink heart buttons.
The Shaker Element
This heart frame is soooo beautiful! Here’s how I turned it into a shaker element.
- First, die cut the Budding Rose Heart from heavy pink cardstock.
- Next, stamp the matching cling stamp on white cardstock using Versamark ink.
- Then sprinkle Stampendous Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel over the stamped image and heat set.
- Now, die cut the embossed frame using the Budding Rose Heart die.
- Add more color to the heart by swiping it through a puddle of Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberries Distress Ink. Heat dry again.
- Now adhere clear cardstock to the back of the heart and trim around it.
- Then add 3 rows of 1/8″ foam strips to the back of the heart.
- Next, trim patterned paper to back the heart. Trace around the heart to get the general shape.
- Place your shaker mix in the center of the heart and press the prepared frame over it. Trim away any excess patterned paper from the back if necessary.
In a hurry? Go through your stash of “leftover” flowers and find a trio that match your project! These 3 flowers are actually made using the (now retired) Under the Sea flower stamps and dies. But they were a perfect match for this project, so I used them! Tie a gingham bow and tuc it in behind the flowers to anchor them.
Stamp the Friendship Rose Sentiment on a die cut circle tag. Heat emboss to really make it pop! Then attach it to the base of the shaker frame with more ribbon and a sweet little heart charm.
A Peek Inside
Add a pocket inside your card so you can tuck in a chocolate treat and a tag. Everyone loves surprises!
Cut a trio of card fronts to serve as a folio on the top half of the card. Accordion fold between the images and wrap it with ribbon before you adhere it to the base card.
Add small photos or little love notes to the card fronts to create a thoughtful and unique card that doubles as a gift.
On With the Hop!
Here’s the list of all the blogs participating in the hop this month. Remember to leave a comment as you visit so you can be entered into the drawing for one of the $25 gift cards.
An Important Announcement
Heartfelt Creations has decided to retired the Alumni Team and the monthly blog hop in 2023. So this will be the very last Alumni Team Blog Hop. It has been such a joy to be part of a team that is filled with so many talented paper artists. It’s always a little sad to say good-bye to something you’ve enjoyed, but life has a way of filling the void with something even better.
Thanks to all of you who have faithfully hopped and commented along with us for all these years. Haven’t we had fun? I’ve forged some lovely online friendships as a result, and I get to take those with me!
My blog will continue to publish as it always has, and I will continue to share inspiration, tutorials and ideas with my followers here. I hope you will all stick around for the fun.
Now I wish each one of you a healthy, prosperous and creative New Year in 2023!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Enjoy the hop!
- Friendship Rose Collection
- Other Heartfelt Creations Stamps and Dies
- Other Products available at Heartfelt Creations
- Other Products
- Stampendous Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel
- Versamark Ink
- Pink Gingham Ribbon