Heartfelt Creations February 2021 Alumni Blog Hop: Lush Lilac Hanging Pocket Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations February 2021 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here and continues through Monday, March 1st at 11:55PM EST.
We have a wonderful hop lined up for you this month, filled with lots of tips, tricks and “rt from the heart” inspiration from our amazing Alumni Team! Be sure to visit each blog in the list. Why? Because one sweet comment from a mystery blog will be randomly selected to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations gift card! Now that is something to get excited about!
The winner of the gift card will be announced at the top of this blog post on Wednesday, March 3rd. Heartfelt Creations will also announce the winner on their blog and Facebook page at that time. If you are the winner, claim your prize by emailing email@example.com within 72 hours of the announcement. Please write “Winner of the Heartfelt Creations February 2021 Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Now, let’s get this party started!
Lush Lilac Hanging Pocket Card
The cold February weather has me dreaming of springtime. So I broke out my Lush Lilac collection and welcomed Spring into my studio! This little creation is part card, part tag, part wall hanging. I call it a hanging pocket card. Here’s how it comes together.
- First, mat a 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ panel of Lush Lilac paper on slightly larger panels of green white and lavender cardstock.
- Next, fussy cut the corner from the tag collage patterned paper. Follow the natural lines created by the images.
- Now cut the ledger paper design away from the corner. Fussy cut around the lilac stem as seen in this photo.
- Then score 1/2″ flaps on the left hand side and the bottom of the corner to form a pocket.
- Adhere the ledger behind the pocket as seen in this photo.
- Now machine stitch the pocket onto the hanging pocket card base.
- Die cut a decorative tag from the paper collection. Mat on cardstock. Top with ribbons and tuck into the pocket.
- Layer a ticket and tag image in the left hand corner of the card front.
Lush Lilac Blooms
- Now die cut a big pile of lilac blossoms from the paper collection using the Lush Lilac Die.
- Then run the petals through the Lush Lilac 3-D shaping mold to add texture and dimension to the blossoms.
- Spray the petals with Lavender Fields Glimmer Mist, or sponge with ink, if desired.
- Then use a small stylus to create a little well in the center of each blossom
- Next, fill the centers with Prills and arrange over the designer paper as seen here.
- Stamp, die cut and shape Leafy Foliage and add to the floral displays.
The Flip Side
Decorate the back side of the hanging pocket card with more designer papers. Create a box style pocket (tutorial HERE) .
Then use your tags dies to create a sweet little shaker tag to tuck in the pocket. Create a border along the top edge of the hanging pocket card with ribbon and fancy trim. Then add a small hanger to the top. (This hanger is retired Melissa Frances.)
It’s really fun to make a card that doubles as a gift and as home décor! I definitely had a sunnier outlook on life after playing with all these lovely papers and supplies!
On With the Hop
Now hop on over and see what my teammate Vicki has in store for you. You’ll find the entire hop list below.
Kathy (You are HERE)
Enjoy the hop!
- Heartfelt Creations
- Lush Lilac Collection
- Leafy Accents
- Album Tags and Accents Die
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Tool
- Other Products from Heartfelt
- February 2021 Ribbon Club Assortment
- Buttons Galore Periwinkle Shaker Mix
- Charms and Metal pieces from my stash