This hop is now closed. The winner, Sherry Somers, was chosen from this blog. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations July 2019 Alumni Hop: Happy Camper Fancy Fold Folio
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations July 2019 Alumni Hop! Today I have a totally adorable Happy Camper Fancy Fold Folio to share with you.
This is a 6″ x 6″ Z-Fold Style card with some really fun surprises tucked inside. Here’s how to make the base for this quick and easy folio design:
- First, cut a 12″ x 6″ panel of heavy white cardstock.
- Next, place the long side of this panel on your scoring tool. Score at 3″ and 6″.
- Now fold the card at the 6″ score line to form a side fold card.
- Then fold the 3″ score line back toward the fold to create a simple Z-fold card base.
- Now line all the panels, inside and outside, front and back with designer paper. I’ve used the Happy Camper Paper Collection for this fun task.
- Cut large panels to 5 7/8″ x 5 7/8″. You’ll need 2 of these
- Smaller panels measure 2 7/8″ x 5 7/8″. You’ll need 4.
That’s all there is to it!
Happy Camper Fancy Fold Folio: Adding the details
- Use Elements of Home and My Happy Place dies to cut decorative elements from the paper collection. Then pop the images up on dimensionals to add POP to your card design. Here are the elements I used:
- Camper, door, window, hub cap, potted plant, scooter, banners
- Next, create some floral accents with the Oakberry Lane and Cherry Blossom stamps and dies.
- Now fussy cut the sentiment medallion from the paper collection. Back with a double layer of dimensionals ONLY on the left hand side. Then adhere just the LEFT hand side to the front of the card, as seen in the photo.
- Arrange Oakberry Lane Flowers around the sentiment. Stamp and die cut Leafy Accents to fill in the flower cluster.
Happy Camper Fancy Fold Folio: The Belly Band
- Create a belly band by joining (2) 1″ strips of white cardstock together with Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Then cover it with 7/8″ strips of designer paper.
- Place the center on the front of the card. Make a small pencil mark where the belly band meets the edges of the card.
- Now place the belly band on your scoring tool. Score along the marks you made. Then score again 1/4″ out from each scored line. This will allow the belly band to fold neatly over the folio.
- The belly band will overlap in the back. Trim away any excess and then adhere the ends together.
- Use Scor-Tape to attach ribbon to the center of the belly band. Add a white taffeta bow, small Oakberry Lane Blossom and buttons to complete the belly band.
Happy Camper Fancy Fold Folio: The Fun Unfolds
Z-Fold cards are a blast to make because they open like a pop up card. The dimensional design makes them great for display.
You can see how I used my dies and elements from the paper collection to create a dimensional scene inside the card. The center panel is just the right size to hold one of the tags from the collection.
Mat the tag on sturdy cardstock, then dress it up with a die cut icon, some cute metal charms and more of the ribbons that you used on the front. These tags make great bookmarks!
Happy Camper Fancy Fold Folio: More Fun!
Turn this Z-Fold Card into a fun little folio by covering the backside with designer paper.
- Cut 3 6 1/2″ x 6″ panels of white cardstock.
- Score a 1/2″ flap on the left hand side of each panel.
- Line each panel with a 5 7/8″ panel of designer paper. I used images from the 6″ x 6″ card fronts.
- NOTE: If adding flaps to pages, as I did, follow this procedure before you adhere the liner panels to the waterfall base.
- First, cut the flap image from the collection. If possible, leave an extra 1/2″ on the side or top of the image. This is where you will score a 1/2″ flap.
- Now, wrap the flap around the top or the side of the liner panel and secure with adhesive.
- Then adhere the liner panel to the white cardstock base.
- Line the back of the card with a 5 7/8″ square of designer paper.
- Now, center and adhere the first 1/2″ flap along the left hand edge of that panel. Turn the page to reveal the bottom edge of the flap.
- Next, line the fold of the second waterfall up with the bottom edge of the first flap and adhere.
- Score the 3rd waterfall on the right hand side to form a 1 1/2″ pocket flap. Line the base, then adhere the pocket flap. Insert images and journal cards in this pocket.
This type of card folio makes a wonderful gift, and is a quick and easy way to capture the memories from a family vacation. Of course, you can adapt the them to work with any Heartfelt Creations paper collection.
Find a linked supply list below the signature area of this post.
On With the Hop!
This hop lasts from 8AM EDT on Friday, July 26th until 11:55PM EDT on Monday, July 29th. The winner will be announced on this blog and on the Heartfelt Creations Blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, July 31st.
A randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog will receive a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations. To claim your prize please email Heartfelt Creations at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner of the July Alumni Hop” in the subject line. The winner will have 72 hours to claim the prize, or another name will be randomly chosen.
Now, let’s hop:
Kathy (You are HERE) ♥ Els ♥ Vicki ♥ Amarilys ♥ Glenda ♥ Sarah ♥ Monica ♥ Emily ♥ Alissa
I know you will be filled with inspiration and ready to get your craft on after visiting all these wonderful blogs.
Did I share some tips, tricks and inspiration that you can use in your own crafty adventures today? If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Camper Fancy Fold Folio SUPPLY LIST
- Happy Camper Collection
- Stamps and Dies
- Tweet Cherry Blossoms Stamp and Matching Die
- Oakberry Lane Blossoms Stamp and Matching Die
- Leafy Accents Stamp and Matching Die
- Circle Basics Large Die
- Tickets and Tags Die
- Album Tags and Accents Die
- Ornamental Tags Die
- Shaping Molds
- Tools, Inks, Etc
Ribbon and Charms
- White Taffeta Ribbon
- Sheer Cherry Red Organza
- Sweet And Small Metal Charms
- Assorted buttons and charms from my stash
Lovely card and so very cute
So beautiful love all the details especially the Oakberry lane flowers
Love this. Always looking for fast but fun cards to make. Thanks. Rose
This is amazing. And, your tutorial is spot on. Thanks for sharing with us.
This is such a fun collection! Love what you did with it
Gorgeous as always!
So cute…love the colours.
Wow, these are so gorgeous!
Your folios are always inspiring, love this colours, the flowers are my favorite part on this project
This is so cute. Love the little camper.
Love the card and detailed instructions, thanks for the blog hop and inspiration ❤️
Oh my ….luv luv luv this Happy Camper folio, Kathy! Talk about happy days…so wish we could find a travel trailer…and vintage would be so awesome!!! We’ve been looking …maybe next year!!! A girl can dream …can’t she! Thanks for sharing your beautiful folio! Luv every single detail!!! And for making my day!!! Hugs, Suzy Q
This card is so adorable! I love all your cards. This paper is super cute & perfect for a few friends of mine!
Love the folds in both
projects. So fun to look
at and love the scooters.
Carla from Utah
Simply gorgeous! Such wonderful layers and colors!
This must have taken a long time. So many details, and several places to decorate. I like the transportation theme. The trailer is really great. I like the vintage look of it.
What a cute project.
What a cute gift this would be for anyone who loves to RV!
I love what you’ve done with this collection.. I’m super excited to make an album now. THank you
Your Oakberry Lane and cherry blossom flowers are so gorgeous!!! The whole album is over the top colorful madness (MY happy place!) and a wonderful way to save all of our vacation pics!
What a wonderful project! Lots of beautiful work and a great gift to share.
I love this set. Im always sooo excited to see the new ones. Just wish i could afford them.
This is SO nice! Wonderful example of how to use this collection!
Very fun and creative❤️
What a super cute project!!
Oh, this is so cute! It is just my style–I ride my mint green Vespa scooter all over town. I would love to make this!!
Pretty details on your beautiful folio! Love the charming campers!
As always Kathy, you did Heartfelt Creations Camper Collection proud! Love your take on this folio!!
Really neat card. I would love to win the certificate to Heartfelt Creations.
I LOVE vintage campers! I would love to have one but they aren’t cheap up here. For a nice Shasta you are looking at $10,000 easy + This was a great folio, loved all of it.
I love this one!!
Such a amazing card, so cherry and fun!
Kathy, what a fun, folio! Coincidentally , hubby and I went and looked at campers this past weekend! LOL I love those vintage style ones. This collection has such wonderful vacation images. And what pretty, summery colors. I really love that sweet little belly band with the buttons. Thank you for sharing this awesome creation! It brings me joy to look at it! Hugs!
What a lovely project using t his cute colflection!