The Heartfelt Creations January 2021 Alumni hop is now closed. The winner is Theresa99, randomly chosen from Lisa’s blog. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations January 2021 Alumni Hop: Floral Shoppe Urn Tea Party in a Box Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations January 2021 Alumni Hop! This is your first stop on this inspirational blog hop with the HC Alumni Design Team. The hop will continue until 11:55 PM EST on Monday, February 1st. Then we will randomly select a comment from a mystery blog to win a $25 gift card to Heartfelt Creations. So you will want to hop along with us and leave a sweet comment on each of the blogs listed below. The winner of the hop will be announced at the top of this blog post and on the Heartfelt Creations Blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, February 3rd. Now, let’s get the inspiration flowing!
Floral Shoppe Urn Tea Party in a Box
My inspiration piece for the January 2021 Alumni Hop is this Floral Shoppe Urn Tea Party in a Box Card. Although it looks difficult to make, it’s actually a very simple, straightforward creation. The trick? Use the cut apart images in the Floral Shoppe paper collection to make the floral fillers and planter for this gorgeous card. That’s right! Each Floral Shoppe Paper Pad has 4 sheets of floral fillers and urns that are sized to fit the Floral Shoppe Dies. What could be easier?
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make your unique version of this card.
- First, die cut 2 urn bases from the paper collection. Lightly shade the edges with Distress Ink. (I used Faded Jeans Distress Ink since I was working with the blue background.) Then layer the urns together with foam tape. Place the tape along the sides and base of both urns so you can tuck your flowers and fillers behind and between them. This creates lots of lovely dimension.
- Next, apply Rajni Chawla Crystal Clear Glitter to some of the berries and stems. Use Dries Clear Adhesive for the best results.
- Now, add some texture and dimension with Dries Clear Adhesive and an assortment of Prills.
- Allow some of the foliage and berries to hang down the front of the urn to give it a more organic look. Simply bend the stems and adhere behind the urn layers to achieve this effect.
- Save time by using a mix of pre-made flowers (Small Wild Rose and Lush Lilac) in your floral arrangement. I always make extra flowers and store them in little boxes for future use.
Tea Party in a Box
There’s a tea party for 1 waiting inside this pretty card! The top half of the 6×6 card base is a little photo folio.
Score a 10″ x 5 3/4″ panel of designer paper at 2 1/4″ and again at 8″. Fold along the scored lines and adhere to the card base. Then select 2 card front images and adhere over the flaps.
Create a pocket from a border strip and fill it with a little note card and simple bookmark. You can write your personal greetings on the flaps, or add photos to really personalize your creation.
Create a box style pocket on the bottom half of the card. (A pocket-making tutorial can be found HERE). Then fill the pocket with an assortment of treats to make a tea party for one. Once the treats are consumed, the pocket is a great storage spot for additional photos!
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what inspiration Vicki has in store for you. Here’s the entire lineup for the Heartfelt Creations January 2021 Alumni Hop:
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for hopping by!
- Heartfelt Creations Floral Shoppe Collection
- Wild Rose Collection
- Lush Lilac Collection
- Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear Glitter
- Prills (Go ManGO, Ice Blue, Hot Mama, Tutu Pink)
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Slate Blue Wrinkled Ribbon
- Iridescent Metallic String