Heartfelt Creations July 2021 Alumni Blog Hop: Climbing Clematis Tea Party in a Box
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations July 2021 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop begins here and runs through 11:55 PM EDT on Monday August 2nd. That gives you plenty of time to hop and be inspired by all of the wonderful Heartfelt Alumni who are participating this month. Be sure to leave a comment on each blog as you visit, because one lucky comment will be randomly chosen to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card.
Heartfelt Creations International Friendship Day Bonus Giveaway
Did you know that July 30th is International Friendship Day? Today also marks the first time that Heartfelt Creations is joining the Alumni Team for the Blog Hop! In honor of these two great events, Heartfelt Creations is offering a second $25 giveaway for those that come to their blog hop post. (You can find the list at the bottom of this post.)
Everyone who leaves a comment on the Heartfelt Creations Blog will be entered into the drawing. You have until 11:55PM EDT on Monday, August 2nd to leave your comment.
The winners of both gift cards will be posted on the Heartfelt Creations Facebook Page and Blog on Wednesday, August 4th. Be sure to check in on that date to see if you are one of the lucky winners.
To claim your prize you must email [email protected] within 72 hours of the announcement. Please write “Winner of the July Alumni Blog Hop” in the subject line.
Have fun hopping!
Climbing Clematis Floral Butterfly Team Party in a Box Card
Clematis are blooming everywhere in our neighborhood. And butterflies are flitting through all the flower gardens as I make my daily walk. I love seeing them both. That was the inspiration for this 8 1/2″ x 5″ gift folio. Here’s how to make it.
- First, score a lavender piece of 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock at 5, ., 5 1/2″, and 10 1/2″.
- Next, fold along the scored lines to create a top fold card with a 1/2″ spine. You will have a 1/2″ flap on the inside of the card.
- Now cut an 8 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ piece of lavender cardstock. Adhere just below the 10 1/2″ scored line inside the card.
- Then score a 1/2″ spine on this flap. This piece becomes the box pocket.
- Next, cut 1 1/2″ x 2 1/4″ scraps of lavender paper. Score at 1/2″ and 1″ to form little flaps. Adhere the left and right hand flaps to the sides and front of the box pocket flap. You can see what this looks like below.
Making the Floral Butterfly
- Now die cut the large floral butterfly base from designer paper.
- Then die cut the wings and frame from white cardstock.
- Heat emboss the butterfly wings with Glitter Embossing Powder. Then adhere to the frame.
- Sponge the butterfly body with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.
- Next adhere colored pearls to the body and half back pearls to the wings.
The Climbing Clematis
When time is short, I love to die cut the printed flowers from the 12×12 paper pad. This is such a quick and easy way to make your flowers!
- First, die cut the printed flowers using the Climbing Clematis Dies.
- Next, run them through the 3-D shaping mold.
- Now poke a hole in the center of each flower with a piercing tool.
- Then layer the flowers together. I used two layers for each flower.
- Next, run stamens through the centers and you are nearly done.
- The last step is to brush the petals with Dries Clear Adhesive and sprinkle with Crystal Clear Glitter. (All products are linked in the supply list below this post.
A Peek Inside
Here’s a look at that sweet box pocket inside the card.
- First, decorate the pocket with patterned paper and a border strip.
- Next, die cut and decorate a tag from the paper pad. Top with ribbon and flowers.
- Now wrap a cookie packet with scraps of your designer paper.
- Then wrap a honey packet in another scrap. Add a ribbon to the top.
- Finally, create a little tea wallet/note card. Tuck in a tea bag and a vintage demitasse spoon to complete the gift.
Mini Photo Folio
The top half of the card is a mini photo folio. Here’s how to put that together.
- First, cut an 8 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ panel of designer paper.
- Then cut (2) 4 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ squares of lavender cardstock.
- Next, score a 1/2″ flap on the left side of one and on the right side of the other.
- Then fold the flaps and adhere behind the 8 1/4″ panel.
- Now center and adhere the entire assembly to the card base.
Finally, mat designer paper on cream cardstock and then adhere to the “wings” of the folio.
Now you can add a photo on each side and write a little note on the base panel.
On With the Hop!
Here’s the list of the Alumni Team joining the fun on this hop. Now be sure to visit each blog and leave a comment so you can be entered to win one of the TWO gift card giveaways. Remember: you must comment on the Heartfelt Creations Blog to be eligible to win that giveaway.
Have fun hopping!
- Heartfelt Creations Climbing Clematis Collection
- Large Floral Butterfly Die
- Album Tags and Accents
- Ornamental Tags
- Tickets and Tags
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Rajni Chawla Crystal Clear Glitter
- Flower Shaping Tool Kit
- Pastel Beaded Stamens
- Bridal Embossing Tinsel