This hop is now closed. The winner is Mary Holshouser, selected randomly fro Carole Wright’s blog. Thanks for hopping! The next Alumni Hop is July 31st.
Heartfelt Creations June 2020 Alumni Blog Hop: Sea Breeze Sails in the Sunset Shaker Folio
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations June 2020 Alumni Blog Hop! This month I am longing for the beach, so I chose to create a Sea Breeze Sails in the Sunset Shaker Folio. So put on a pair of flip flops, grab a windbreaker and join me for a lovely cruise through this interactive shaker folio.
The folio base is a 6 1/4″ x 6 1/4″ x 1/2″ trifold folio constructed from 100# cardstock. I don’t have a tutorial this month, but I have a walk through video that is loaded with tips, how to’s and measurements that will help you create your own version of the project.
Creating the shaker frame
Create a shaker frame for the folio cover.
- First, select a background image from the paper collection and trim it to measure 6″ x 6″.
- Then select a 6×6 framed card front and cut out a window inside the frame.
- Use a craft knife and ruler to cut a large “X” from corner to corner of the image.
- Now insert your scissors and trim away the excess paper.
- Back the frame with clear cardstock.
- Use Dries Clear Adhesive and wipe away any smudges.
- Next, apply foam tape around the perimeter of the frame.
- Place shaker element in the center of the background paper. I also added a real sand dollar, auger shell and a tiny shell filled with pearls. A round disc made from shells serves as the rising moon in the scene.
- Now line up the frame and the background panel and press the foam tape in place.
The floral cascade is a mix of Oakberry Lane, Purr-Fect Posies and Delightful Daisies. I had previously stamped, colored and layered these flowers for other projects. But they worked together beautifully with this color palette. The daisies and purr-fect posies are painted with diluted Distress Ink and a water brush to help them blend harmoniously with the Oakberry Lane flowers. The finishing touch was a touch of Nuvo Toasted Almond Mousse. Thin the mousse with water, then tap on lightly with a sponge.
A Peek Inside
Here’s a look inside the folio. I’ve combined designer papers from Sea Breeze and Under the Sea.
The folio is filled with pockets, flaps, flip pages and interactive elements.
There is also lots of room for journaling.
You Tube Video Tour with Tips and Tricks
To help you see how all the interactive elements work together, I’ve prepared a short video tour with lots of tips, tricks and measurements.
On With the Hop!
The hop begins here and remains open until 11:55PM EDT on Monday, June 29th. One comment from a mystery blog in the hop will be chosen to win a $25 gift card to Heartfelt Creations. The winner will be announced at the top of this blog post on Wednesday, July 1st. Heartfelt Creations will also announce the winner on their blog and Facebook page at that same time.
The winner will have 72 hours to claim the prize by emailing [email protected] Please write “Winner of the June 2020 Alumni Hop” in the subject line of your email.
Here’s the hop line up:
♥ KATHY (You are HERE)
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Heartfelt Creations
- Charms from my stash
- Foam Tape
- Buttons Galore Sequin Mix
- Nuvo Toasted Almond Mousse