Heartfelt Creations June 2022 Alumni Blog Hop: Rustic Sunflower Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations June 2022 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here and continues until 11:55 PM EDT on Monday, June 27th. You will want to visit each Alumni Team blog in the hop for lots of crafty inspiration, tips and tutorials. Be sure to leave a comment on each blog because Heartfelt Creations is giving away a $25 gift card to one randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog. Comment on the Heartfelt Creations blog for a chance to win a SECOND $25 gift card! What a great way to start the weekend!
The winners will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE on Wednesday, June 27th. Winners can claim their prize by emailing [email protected] within 72 hours of the announcement. If you are the winner, please write “Winner of the June Alumni Hop” in the subject line of your email. You can find a linked list of all the blogs in the hop below. Now let’s get this party started!
Rustic Sunflower Shaker Card
Sunflowers are blooming everywhere in North Carolina, so I felt inspired to dig out my Rustic Sunflower goodies to make this cheery shaker card.
- First, trim a 6×6 card front to measure 5 1/2″ square. Stitch around the yellow border on the 6×6 card front.
- Now, die cut the center image from a 6×6 card front in the Rustic Sunflower Paper Pad. This is easy to do if you use the largest Basic Circles Die. Adhere the image to a 5 3/4″ panel of bright yellow cardstock so that it lines up with the opening in the frame.
- Next, adhere clear cardstock to the back side to create the shaker window and place 3 layers of foam tape around the edges.
- Place your shaker elements in the center of the die cut circle image. Remove the liner from the foam tape. Now carefully center the frame over the image and press in place.
- Use the Rustic Sunflower dies to cut flowers from the paper pad. Brush with Wild Honey Distress Ink, spritz lightly with water and run through the shaping mold.
- Now layer flowers together. Fill the centers with hot glue and glass beads.
- Die cut the Elegant Pocket Accent from cream cardstock, Then die cut just the frame from turquoise paper. Layer the accent piece over the turquoise base and adhere on the top of the card.
- Arrange flowers, tags, and embellishments as seen in the photo.
A Peek Inside
I like to turn my cards into gifts by adding a pocket and some sweet tuck ins.
Here’s a little tea/gift card wallet and bookmark/tag to sweeten up the inside of this card.
There’s room to write a note inside, too. Don’t forget to tuck in a honey stick to sweeten the tea!
On With the Hop
Here’s the complete list of all the blogs in this hop:
I just know you’re going to be inspired by all the beautiful projects this month! Thanks for hopping along with us!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
- Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower
- Other Heartfelt Creations Dies
- Other Heartfelt Creations Stamps
- Lemon Zest Glimmer Mist
- French Lime Glimmer Mist
- Manganese Archival Ink
- Olive Archival Ink
- Wild Honey Distress Ink
- Mineral Ice Sheer Organza Ribbon
- Iridescent Metallic String
- Charms from my stash