Heartfelt Creations November 2022 Alumni Blog Hop: Festive Poinsettia Shaker Card Folio
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations November 2022 Alumni Blog Hop! Our Alumni Team has prepared a cornucopia of beautiful projects, helpful tips, and instructional tutorials for you this month. So get ready to be inspired!
The hop starts here and continues through 11:55PM EST on Monday, November 28th. Everyone who hops and comments on the alumni team blogs posted below will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations gift card.
There will be an additional drawing for a second $25 gift card for comments left on the Heartfelt Creations blog.
Winners will be posted on the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, November 30th. If you are a happy winner, please contact email@example.com within 72 hours. Please write “Winner of the November 2022 Blog Hop” in the subject line of your message.
Now let’s get this hop started!
Festive Poinsettia Shaker Tea Party in a Box
There’s no place like home for the holidays, so I’ve dressed up this cozy cottage image with a wreath of sparkling poinsettias and glistening Christmas greenery. .Here’s how to make this shaker element:
- First, create the shaker frame. Layer the two largest Eyelet Circle & Basics Small dies over a sheet of heavy white cardstock. Die cut according to your machine’s directions.
- Now tap the scallop circle frame with embossing ink. Then heat emboss with Shabby White Embossing Enamel.
- Next, cut a piece of clear cardstock with the Large Circle Basics Die. If you use the largest die in that set, it provides the perfect sized backer for the scalloped frame. Adhere this circle to the back of the scallop circle frame.
- Then, place 3 rows of 1/8″ foam strips around the perimeter of the frame. If you are not using buttons in your shaker element, you can probably just use a single row of the foam strips.
- Now die cut the house image from a 6×6 card front. Adhere this in the center of another 6×6 card front from the paper collection.
- Next, add your shaker mix to the center of the house image. Carefully line up the prepared frame and press gently into place.
Festive Poinsettia Greenery with Poinsettia & Holly Clusters
Now comes the fun part! Create the greenery and the flowers for your wreath.
- First, stamp a large quantity of Poinsettia Cluster images on white paper with dark green ink. (I used Archival Olive Green Ink).
- Quickly sprinkle the inked flowers with clear embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Now spray the flower layers with red mist. I used Tattered Angels Lobster because I had it in my stash. As an alternative, you could color the petals with ink.
- Next, shape the petals in the 3D Poinsettia Shaping Mold.
- Then layer the poinsettias together and fill the center with Prills or Rock Candy Stamens.
- Finally, brush the petals with Dries Clear Adhesive and sprinkle with Crystal Clear Glitter.
Die cut the greenery from the Festive Poinsettia Paper Pad. Brush with Dries Clear and sprinkle with Crystal Clear Glitter. Arrange around the shaker frame to create a wreath effect. Tuck in some beaded berry sprays, Christmas Plaid Bows and rusty jingle bells to complete the card front.
A Peek Inside
I love to create cards that double as gifts during the holidays. So I added a little pull-out folio to the top of my card. Then I created a box pocket and filled with with a Tea Party for one.
To create the folio:
- First, cut one sheet of Festive Poinsettia paper into (2) 12″ x 5 3/4″ panels of paper.
- Next, overlap the 5 3/4″ ends of the paper and adhere together. This forms one long panel.
- Now score the panel every 5 3/4″.
- Then accordion fold, and wrap with ribbon.
- Adhere the folio to the top of your card.
- Decorate the pages as desired, then tie the ribbon closure to hold everything neatly in place.
Here’s a peek at the treats in the box pocket. Use scraps of your designer paper to dress them up.
On With the Hop
Your next stop is Monica’s lovely blog. Remember to visit all the blogs in the hop and leave some love behind to be entered in the drawing for the gift cards.
Here’s the complete list of blogs, in case you get lost:
Kathy (You are HERE) ♥ Monica ♥ Bozena ♥ Alissa ♥ Lisa ♥ Candy ♥ Gloria ♥ Lynn
♥ Amarilys ♥ Vicki ♥ Heartfelt Creations Blog
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for hopping by!
- Heartfelt Creations Festive Poinsettia
- Poinsettia & Holly Clusters Cling Stamp and Matching Dies
- 3D Shaping Mold
- Eyelet Circle & Basics Die
- Circle Basics Large Die
- Clear Cardstock
- Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Rock Candy Stamens
- 1/8″ Foam Strips
- Olive Green Archival Ink
- Christmas Bold Check Ribbon
This shaker card is amazing. Love the colors and all the wonderful details. Thanks for sharing with us.
Gorgeous shaker on the front! I love the beautiful poinsettias!
This is so pretty and festive. I like all the poinsettias and the music page.
So festive! Who would not love to receive such a beautiful gift??
Lovely! Gift card and shaker card great idea. Thank you for sharing your creativity.
This is a stunning shaker with the poinsettias!! Gorgeous papers by Heartfelt Creations to make this wreath affect around the cozy cottage image!! Your layers of beauty and details are fabulous!
The card is a welcome gift to the lucky recipient and I just love all the extra touches you add, bows, bells, ribbon, glitz its such a wonderful Christmas treat xxx
Over the top amazing
Love creating poinsettias for holiday cards!! While I much prefer traditional colors, I’ve learned to appreciate the purely whimsical colors many card makers are choosing. LOVE the poinsettia dies from HC…all the sizes and shapes make creating so much fun!! The inside of your card is equally as festive as the outside! Beautiful work!!
The ribbon is so traditional and pretty. It adds a lot to the whole look. SO pretty, as usual 🙂
Such a gorgeous Christmas card Kathy.
Kathy what lovey project.
very pretty card Kathy! The big day is right around the corner, I have got to get going on things. I am waiting for a heat pump installation so trying to organize the areas. Bad time of year to be having to change plans a bit. WE will get there. I hope you had a marvelous day yesterday.
Gorgeous card Kathy – I love the “bright” greens and reds you used. Anyone would love receiving this special gift, and thank you for sharing!!
OMG Kathy! What an absolutely beautiful creation! The wreath surrounding the shaker window is just gorgeous and the treats inside are yummy! Heartfelt Creations have always been a cut above in beautiful papers in my opinion. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thank you for all of the creations you share with us! Hugs!
That is so beautiful, Kathy! A great idea for the special cards I make for my family…if I have time! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Wow Kathy. You never disappoint. Your card is beautiful.
Your cards are always an inspiration! Beautiful!