Rustic Sunflowers for the Heartfelt Creations October 2021 Alumni Blog Hop
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations October 2021 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here and continues through 12:55PM EDT on Monday, November 1st. This month we are giving away TWO $25 gift cards to Heartfelt Creations! One comment from a mystery blog will be randomly chosen to win the first gift card. The second gift card will be randomly chosen from a comment left on the Heartfelt Creations Blog. You can find the complete blog hop list at the bottom of this post.
Winners will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations BLOG and FACEBOOK page on Wednesday, November 3rd. Be sure to check and see if you are one of the lucky winners. Then claim your prize within 72 hours by emailing [email protected]. Please write “Winner of the October 2021 Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Now that we have all the business details out of the way, let’s take a look at some beautiful Rustic Sunflowers!
Rustic Sunflowers and Simply Elegant Centerpiece Die
I am so in love with the Rustic Sunflower Collection! I just had to make another fall card to celebrate its beauty! This time I made a simple and elegant 6×6 card from one of the card fronts in the paper collection. Then I dressed it up with a gold foil die cut of the Simply Elegant Centerpiece die. I love the mix of country charm and uptown glam in this card design. And it’s very quick to make, too!
- First, stitch around the perimeter of a 6×6 card front.
- Next, die cut the Simply Elegance Centerpiece Die from gold foil cardstock. Back the die with foam tabs to add some extra dimension to the composition.
- Now adhere the center die inside the centerpiece.
- Adhere some amber colored rhinestones on the die cut.
You’re nearly done! Next comes the fun part: making the sunflowers!
Rustic Sunflowers the E-Z Way!
- First, die cut the sunflower layers from the Rustic Sunflower Pad using the Rustic Sunflower Dies.
- Then use sponge daubers to ink the centers and edges with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.
- Next, lightly mist the layers and shape in the 3-D Shaping Mold.
- Now layer the petals together so that they are staggered. Use a ball stylus to press into the center of the flower to lift the petal edges.
- Fill the flower centers will hot glue. Sprinkle Czech beads over the hot glue and set aside to dry.
- Finally, spritz the flowers lightly with gold glimmer mist or other mica spray.
- Now tie some bows and add beneath the flower layers as seen in the photos.
A Peek Inside
Now line the interior of the card with more designer papers. Create a pocket to hold a little tag made from scraps.
Add charms, die cut tags and bits of ribbon to dress up the tag. Next, mat a bit of white cardstock on a piece of brown cardstock and insert in the pocket as a sentiment tag.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on down this list to see what craft inspiration the rest of the Alumni Team has cooked up for you. Remember to comment on each blog post for a chance to win that $25 gift card. And be sure to finish up over on the Heartfelt Creations blog for a chance at the second $25 gift card, too!
Kathy (You are HERE).
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
To leave a comment, please click the Reply button located at the top of this post, just below the title. Thank you!
Enjoy the hop!
- Rustic Sunflower Collection
- Simply Elegant Centerpiece Die
- Ornamental Tags Dies
- Gold Foil Cardstock
- Blue/Ivory/Gold Plaid Ribbon
- Gold Metallic String
- Charms and Rhinestones from my stash