This hop is now closed. The winner, chosen from Vicki Dutcher’s blog, is SandiB.
Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower Card Folio for the HC Alumni Hop
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations September 2018 Alumni Hop! The shorter days of autumn are upon us and soon the leaves will begin to fall. This Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower Card Folio is rich with autumn hues, texture and rustic charm.
Acorns, turning leaves and brilliant sunflowers are all things that I love. Creating this 5″ x 7″ x 1/2″ card folio was pure joy! Here are the Heartfelt Creations supplies that you will need to make this project:
- Beary Fun Retreat 12×12 Paper Collection
- Classic Sunflower Stamp and Die
- Leafy Accents Stamps, Dies and Shaping Mold
- 3-D Floral Basics Shaping Mold
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower Card Folio: Card Basics
First create your card base with kraft cardstock.
- Begin by cutting two 5″ x 11″ panels from kraft card.
- Then add 1/2″ Scor-Tape or the adhesive of your choice to one of the 5″ ends.
- Next, peel off the liner tape and carefully overlap the other 5″ end over the tape to create one long 5″ x 21 1/2″ panel. Burnish well with a bone folder.
- Now, place the long side of the panel on a scoring tool. Score at 7″.
- Then score at 7 1/2″. Fold and crease with a bone folder.
- Next, place the 7 1/2″ score line into the left hand corner of your scoring tool and score at 7″. Measure off 3″ from that score line and cut away the excess.
- Now you have a 5″ x 7″ card base with a 1/2″ spine and a built in pocket. Pretty sweet, right?
Add your patterned papers as seen in the photo. I stitched the focal image onto a piece of burlap. Be sure to add foam tape or waste chipboard between your card layers to add lots of dimension.
Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower Card Folio: Rustic Sunflowers
To make these rustic sunflowers, follow these easy steps:
- First, use ColorBox Dark Brown Chalk Ink to stamp 2 sets of the Classic Sunflowers on the yellow print paper from the Beary Retreat Center. Heat Emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Next, Die cut the flower layers using the Classic Sunflowers Die.
- Then, Place the flower layers in the 3-D Floral Basics Shaping Mold. You can do up to 3 layers at a time, but be sure to mist each layer before adding the next. Run through your die cutting machine to shape.
- Now, randomly dry brush the petals with Rusty Hinge Distress Paint.
- When the paint is dry, spray the flower layers with Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls and Tattered Angels Bronze Glimmer Mist. Pinch the ends of the petals to give them a rustic, wrinkled tip. Dry with a heat tool
- Now use a ball stylus to shape the center of each sunflower to form a cup.
- Next, layer the flowers together with the adhesive of your choice. I use hot glue.
- Finally, fill the centers with hot glue and Czech beads.
- Stamp, Die Cut, shape and color the leafy accents. Add everything to your card.
Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower Card Folio: The Bow
I added more leafy accents on top of my beautiful blue, cream and gold plaid bow. Then I hot glued on some acorns that I had in my stash, along with some little acorn and leaf charms.
Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower Card Folio: A Peek Inside
I love to make cards that double as gifts. Now you know why I had to add a 1/2″ spine to this card folio!
Turn the flap and you find a little gift card pocket, a place to write a little note, and room to add a photo. I cut the opening in the pocket with a circle die.
After covering out pocket with designer paper from the collection, I simply glued the sides to the card base. This is such an easy way to make a pocket! Then you get to do the fun part: fill the pocket with treats. This is a vintage silver spoon, a little tea bag wallet, and a honey stick to complete the ensemble.
Tuck a pumpkin spice tea bag into the pocket, and your gift is ready to give! I like to wrap these cards up in tissue paper and tie them with ribbon for presentation.
On With the Hop
This blog hop closes on Monday, October 1st at 11:59PM EDT. One lucky comment will be randomly selected from one of the blogs in the hop to win a $25 shopping spree at Heartfelt Creations. We will announce the winner here, on the Heartfelt Creations Facebook Page, and on the Heartfelt Creations Blog on Wednesday, October 3rd. The winner will then have 72 hours to e-mail Heartfelt Creations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Add the words “Winner of the September Alumni Hop” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Now on with the hop!
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.