Heartfelt Creations Tea Time Shaker Card for the February 2020 Alumni Hop
This hop is now closed. The winner of the hop is Helen, chosen from Vicki’s blog.
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop! This Tea Time Shaker Card is precisely my cup of tea! Soft and shabby chic, it’s also super easy to put together, thanks to the easy to use dies!
Tea Time Shaker Card: Creating the Card Front
The base for this beauty is a 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ top fold card with a 1/2″ spine. Here’s how to put the cover together:
- First, stitch around edges of the sweet lavender gingham background,
- Next, cut a 3″ wide belly band from the print on the reverse side and adhere in the center of the gingham panel.
- Now, die cut the Eyelet Lace Frame from white cardstock. Then adhere a 4″ x 6″ panel of clear cardstock on the back side of the card. TIP: adhere the clear cardstock with Art Institute Dries Clear adhesive. It holds well, and as the name suggests, dries clear.
- After this, place 3 layers of Darice 1/8″ foam strips around the edges of the clear cardstock to create a shaker frame.
- Next, fill the center of the belly band with your favorite shaker mix.
- Now carefully center the shaker frame over the card front. Press in place to seal all the edges of the foam strips.
- Die cut the tea pot, cups, and floral corners from the Tea Time Collection. Back with foam strips to create dimension and adhere.
- Die cut the small cherry blossoms, birds and leaves from the Cherry Blossom Retreat Paper Collection. Add Prills to the centers of the flowers and adhere as seen in the photo.
- Tie bows and adhere in the corners.
Tea Time Shaker Card: A Peek Inside
A box pocket and decorative panel carry this tea party inside the card.
Create a little treat wallet by scoring and folding the gingham paper from the collection.
Fill it up with lots of treats! Now our shaker card is a gift.
Die cut the tags using the Tags Die. Punch a hole at the top and connect with a small O ring. Add ribbon, a cherry blossom and a sweet tea cup charm to finish the tag album.
On with the Hop!
This hop will remain open until 11:55PM EST on Monday, March 2nd. Be sure to visit all the blogs in the hop, and leave a sweet comment behind because one lucky comment will be chosen from a mystery blog to receive a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card.
The winner will be announced on this blog and on the Heartfelt Creations Facebook Page and Blog on Wednesday, March 4th at 8 AMEST. The winner will then have 72 hours to claim the prize by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Winner of the Heartfelt Creations February Alumni Hop in the subject line.
The next stop on this hop is Els. You’ll find a complete hop list as well as a linked supply list below.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Tea Time Shaker Card Supply List
- Heartfelt Creations
- Other Products