This hop is now closed. The randomly chosen winner is Arlene Burke from Sandy Hulsart’s Blog. Thanks for hopping! See you again in February!
Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop: Tulip Time Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations January 2019 Alumni Hop! Today we’re going to tiptoe through the tulips with a Tulip Time Shaker Card.
Tulips have always been a favorite flower for me, so you can imagine my delight when Heartfelt Creations released the stunning Tulip Time Collection. This 5 1/2″ square card boasts a tulip garden and a shaker element. Come tiptoe through the tulips with me!
Tulip Time Shaker Card: Creating the base
- Create a 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ card base with a 1/2″ spine. To do this, cut (2) 5 1/2″ x 11″ panels from ivory cardstock. Place 1/2″ Scor-Tape on the short end of one panel, then overlap the second panel on the Scor-Tape margin. Score at 5 1/2″ , 6″, and again at 11 1/2″. Trim this panel with a 2 1/2″ overhang to serve as a pocket.
- Cut a circular opening in a a 6″ x 6″ card front image using the Eyelet Circle & Basics Small Die. Cut the opening with the 2nd largest circle die. Trim this panel to measure 4 1/2″ square.
- Create the eyelet frame by nesting the 3rd largest circle die evening inside the eyelet circle. Adhere the frame to the card opening.
- Next, cut a 4 1/4″ piece of clear acrylic cardstock and adhere to the back side of the window you just created.
- Then add 2 layers of 1/2″ foam tape to the back side of the window page. Set aside.
- Cut a 5 1/2″ square of the magenta patterned paper.
- Now cut a 5 1/4″ panel of the garden scene paper and stitch to the magenta panel. Adhere this to the card base.
- Cut the tulip card front from the paper collection and trim to fit behind the window panel.
- Then fill the center with a sequin mix, remove the liner tape from the window panel and carefully center over the tulip card front.
- Die cut 2 Elegant Pocket Accents from ivory cardstock. Tap with Dries Clear Adhesive and cover with Rajni Chawla’s Frosting Powder. Adhere behind the window panel.
- Center and adhere this entire assembly to the card front.
Tulip Time Shaker Card: Creating the Tulip Garden
To create the tulip garden, follow these steps:
- First, die cut all the tulip and leaf layers from the paper collection using the Tulip Time Die.
- Next, customize the colors by brushing the petal layers with chalk inks. I used ColorBox Petal Points in shades of yellow, pink, fuchsia, purple and green. (The individual colors are not labeled on Petal Points, but you can find ColorBox Chalk Inks HERE.)
- Now, place the petal layers face down in the 3D Tulip Shaping Mold. You can add up to 3 layers of petals, but be sure to spritz each layer lightly with water.
- Run the petal layers through your die cutting machine.
- Shape the layers with the Flower Shaping Tool Kit.
- Add Go ManGo Prills to the centers of the larger tulips.
I opted not to add stamens to my tulips. Instead, I shaped the leaves and layered them at the base of my shaker panel. Then I added in my finished tulips. Add Spanish Moss with a hot glue gun, then tuck in a little pink bow and button. You may also run pink gingham ribbon around the edges of the shaker panel and top with a button.
When I was pleased with the composition of my tulip garden, I painted the petals with Diamond Stickles and set aside to dry.
Tulip Time Shaker Card: A Peek Inside
I added a pocket and pull out photo album to the inside of my card.
The photo album measures 4 1/2″ square and has 5 panels on each side. The center back panel is wrapped with pink gingham ribbon and adhered to the card base.
It’s so much fun to decorate the individual panels with designer paper. I also added a small pocket and tucked in the circular cut out from the window panel.
Such pretty papers!
The large pocket on the bottom is a 4 1/2″ x 5″ tea bag wallet.
I’ve tucked in a sweet mini silver spoon, tea bag and honey stick here. The pocket is decorated with an Elegant Pocket Accent.
On With the Hop!
This hop will remain open until 11:55PM EST on Monday, January 28th. The winner will be announced on this blog and on the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, January 30th.
Visit each blog in the hop, and leave a lovely comment behind because a randomly chosen comment will be selected from a mystery blog to receive a $25 gift certificate to Heartfelt Creations.
Here’s the hop lineup for this month:
You’ll find a linked supply list below.
Thanks so much for hopping with us!
Tulip Time Shaker Card Supply List
Heartfelt Creations Supplies:
- Tulip Time Collection
Supplies Purchased at Heartfelt Creations
- Clear Acrylic Cardstock
- Rajni Chawla’s Frosting Powder
- Go ManGo Prills
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Funnel Tray
- ColorBox Chalk Inks
- Whip Cream 8 1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock
- Lilac Lane Spring Butterflies Shaker Mix
- Pink Gingham Ribbon
- Spanish Moss from my stash
- Buttons from my Stash
- Diamond Stickles