This hop is now closed. The winner is Sandi Marson, chosen from Monica’s blog. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations December Alumni Hop: Heartfelt Peonies Birthday Queen Greeting Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations December 2019 Alumni Hop! For this last blog hop of 2019, I’m sharing this Heartfelt Peonies Birthday Queen Greeting Card. Made with the brand new Rounded Window Frame Die, this 6×6 card is a quick make.
- First, distress the edges of a 6×6 card front from the Window Scenes Paper Collection. Then ink the edges with Picked Raspberries Distress Oxide Ink.
- Next, die cut the Rounded Window Frame Die from Heartfelt Creations Deluxe Flower Shaping Cardstock. Center and adhere to the card base.
Now it’s time to make some flowers!
Heartfelt Peonies Birthday Queen Greeting Card: Making the Flowers
- Stamp 3 sets of Sweet Peonies onto Deluxe Flower Shaping paper using Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink.
- Now, sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set.
- Next, die cut the flower layers using the matching dies.
- Then create a puddle of Picked Raspberries ink on your craft mat by swiping the ink pad over the surface. Spritz with water until beads of water form. Then dip and drag the flower layers through the ink. Let them dry most of the way, or gently dry with a heat gun.
- Now, while the petals are slightly damp, shape them in the Floral Basics Shaping Mold.
- Use the stylus or Golf Tools to cup the petals. Layer together. Add Prills to the centers of the smallest blossoms.
- Arrange as seen in the photo.
- Add seam binding ribbons, a ticket sentiment, key,vintage stick pins and vintage buttons to complete the card front.
Heartfelt Peonies Birthday Queen Greeting Card: A Peek Inside
Pockets are a lovely way to turn a card into a gift.
- Die cut the bird cage from Sweet Lilac Scroll and Cage Die. Adhere just along the bottom and the outer leaves to form a tea bag pocket.
- Line the bottom of the card with a 6″ x 8 1/2″ panel of Sweet Peony paper. Score a 2 1/2″ line along the bottom edge. Fold up to form a pocket. Adhere the sides to the card base. Decorate the top of the pocket with a border scrap and a stamp from the collection.
I created a fancy bookmark with velvet ribbon and charms. Then I stitched a pretty scrap panel to pink cardstock layers. Die cut an oval from the center of a card front and adhere over the middle of the bookmark. Add some lace and vintage buttons as a finishing touch.
On With the Hop
This hop will remain open from 8AM EST on Friday, December 27th until 11:55PM EST on Monday, December 30th. A winning comment will be randomly selected from a mystery blog. I’ll post the winner at the top of this post on Tuesday, December 31st. If possible, I will also notify the winner via e-mail. Heartfelt Creations will announce the winner on their blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, January 1st. The winner will then have 72 hours to claim the prize by contacting email@example.com. Please write “Winner of the December Blog Hop” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Now let’s get hopping! Here’s the lineup for this month:
Kathy (You are HERE) ♥ Glenda ♥ Vicki ♥ Els ♥ Monica ♥ Alissa ♥ Amarilys
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. You’ll also find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for hopping!
- Heartfelt Creations
- Window Scenes Paper Collection
- Sweet Peony Paper Collection
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper
- Flower Shaping Tool Kit
- Rounded Window Frame Die
- Sweet Peony Large and Small Flower Dies
- Large and Small Sweet Peony Stamps
- Eyelet Oval and Basics Small Die
- Sweet Lilac Scroll and Cage Die
- Flower Shaping Basics Mold
- Products Available at Heartfelt Creations
- Other Products
- Fuchsia Seam Binding Ribbon
- Key, Vintage Stick Pins, Vintage Buttons and Velvet ribbon from my stash
I grew up in Illinois, a state where peonies love to grace many gardens! We had 7 bushes that lined one side of our house, all in the lovely pinks you have chosen for the blooms on this lovely card. We presented many teachers with beautiful peony bouquets! Your handmade flowers look just as I remember all those big flowers! Well done!
What a beautiful birthday card. Peonies are one of my favorite flowers. Thanks for sharing with us.
This is absolutely gorgeous! I love that you added a tea bag snd a bookmark.
Beautiful card. One of my favorites.
Gorgeous as always! You do such amazing work!
Beautiful textures and colors! love all the details you added!
I love this set and plan to make this
This is such a beautiful card Kathy. I will have to try something like this for one of the 8 family birthday cards I need to make for January.
Beautiful – such lovely colors and such a clever use of the birdcage as a pocket! Going to try to duplicate the peony technique, they are simply stunning!
Such a lovely card! I know you said this is a quick make but with all of this detail it would take me much longer! Thanks for sharing!
What a lovely card! Love all the beautiful details, peonies, and colors! Gorgeous!
How gorgeous and I
love the colors and
the frame die used
on the cover.
Carla from Utah
Beautiful work,thanks for sharing!
Very pretty with all the flowers and I like the rounded window frame die and bird cage die you used.
Peonies are one of my favorite flowers–we can’t grow them in California, so they are extra special to me. I love how you colored and shaped your flowers. They look GORGEOUS!
Amazing card Kathy!
So lovely, Kathy. Especially enjoyed the tea bag tucked behind the bird cage–such a clever idea. Thanks for another great HC blog hop. I always have fun seeing all the creations, being inspired by everyone’s creativity. tfs
Wow! Your card creation is so beautiful as are all of your creations. I love the lacy look from the HC dies and I’ve never seen peonies, but these are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your creations.
Just stunning Kathy! Makes me want to get it all out and start right now! Thanks for the inspiration.
Gorgeous, love the colors!!
Gorgeous. love the colors!!!
Beautiful as always!
Gorgeous card, Kathy!! Your Peonies are awesome – beautiful work!!
Incredibly beautiful! Thought you were going to take a break for a bit! Nice way to start my day!
Very pretty, live that die of the birdcage and how you used it as a tea bag holder…great idea!
I love the color scheme of thos card but i also like how you turned up the edge of yte paper to make it ristic and added the buttons. Its amazing. I will havd to purchse thd peonies. I dont have them.
This birthday card is fit for a queen! I love Heartfelt Creations and happen to have most of the items you used. Thanks for the inspiration!
An amazingly beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!
Wow…this is so beautiful Kathy! Your flowers are gorgeous!
Oh Kathy, this card is stunning! I love peonies, they are one of my favorite flowers. Heartfelt Creations papers are always so soft and dreamy. As usual your embellishments are perfect. I love what you did with that gorgeous bookmark and the charms! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
Loved the Birthday Card and pink peonies
Beautiful pink birthday card!!! And a beautiful new die! Your flowers are beautifully created …as always! Hugs, Suzy Q
What a lovely card! Your flowers are amazing!
Spectacular birthday card, Kathy! Beautiful colors and details. I am totally taken by the Rounded Window Frame die. It’s a must for my die cut stash!
Beautiful card as always!
Beautiful card as you always make.