Throwback Thursday: Prima Hello Pink Autumn Shaker Desk Folio with Reneabouquets
Hello, Friends! It’s Throwback Thursday and I have a gorgeous Prima Hello Pink Autumn Shaker Desk Folio Tutorial to share with you. Fall is my favorite season of the year, and while I love traditional autumn hues, I find I’m also very fond of the blush and sage shades in this lovely collection. It makes me think of those dramatic sunrises and sunsets that we enjoy this time of year.
My garden is really showing off this year with huge clusters of vinca, impatiens, marigolds and flowering garlic chives. It’s as though the garden knows its days are numbered, so it blooms its heart out as the days grow shorter and shorter. Our trees are just barely beginning to show color at the tippety top of the branches. I tried to capture that feeling of serenity and drama that autumn brings to the table in this oversized desk folio. We’ll be making it together today, but first I’ll tell you about some of the details.
Lovely as a Tree
Remember that sweet Joyce Kilmer poem with the line, “I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree,”? Well, this Reneabouquets Medium Tree Frame inspired this entire project. I wish you could see it in person as the detailed laser cutting is simply amazing! Here’s how I altered the frame into a shaker box.
- First, heat emboss the frame with Stampendous Mixed Metals Embossing Enamel.
- Distress the embossed finish with a very light spritzing of Lindy’s Moon Shadow Mist. Lightly heat the embossing powder again, and the ink spatters will sink just under the surface. This prevents them from wiping off.
- Then tap various autumn shades of alcohol ink over the embossed frame. I used shades of orange, yellow, and green to add a hint of color to the leaves.
- Now knock back the metallic shine by tapping some Burnt Sienna paint randomly over the surface of the frame. Let it dry, then wipe it back a bit with a barely damp paper towel. You can see a close up of the effect in the photo below.
Turn the frame into a shaker by backing it with the Pink Autumn acetate sheet and 3 rows of 1/8″ foam adhesive. Then cut a 4 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ panel of designer paper. Place your shaker mix in the center, and position the frame over it. Press to seal.
Hidden Pocket Folio
The inside of the folio is almost as pretty as the outside. I’ve added flaps and rub-ons to the top half of the card.
We will build a hidden pocket on the back side of the easel card base. Because this is a nice sized base, we can add a 5 3/4″ x 6 1/4″ trifold folio inside.
You can see all the details in the video below.
A Peek Inside
The inside of this desk folio is almost as beautiful as the outside.
There’s lots of room for more designer paper, and a generous pocket to hold another lovely folio. You’ll see the surprise elements that I built into this beauty when you watch the video.
Hello Pink Autumn Shaker Desk Folio Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to join me as I create this gracious folio, I’d love to have you along for the ride. Please enjoy this video over on my YouTube Channel.
If you’d like to see more Pink Autumn creations from my archives, please click HERE.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Prima Hello, Pink Autumn
- Stampendous Metallic Seasonings Embossing Powder
- Brown Tartan Ribbon
- Pink/Brown Baker’s Twine
- 1/8″ foam adhesive strips