His and Hers Birthday Card Folios with Authentique Party
Hello, Friends! It seems that no matter how many birthday cards I make, I still need to make more! So when Authentique Paper released their fabulous new Party Collection, I was nearly giddy with joy! Just like a present at a birthday party, I ripped the pack open and went to work creating these fun His and Hers Birthday Card Folios.
Party is a celebration on paper! Bursting with vibrant color, retro images, playful patterns and sassy sentiments, it’s just pure fun to create with it! Both these cards measure 5.25″ x 7.25″. I added an extra score line to each base to create a spine that would allow for goodies to be tucked inside each folio.
His and Hers Birthday Card Folios: A Party Without Cake? Never!
Sometimes, you open a collection and know right away what you want to do with it. I personally love when that happens. The minute I saw this lovely cake image, this whole card design popped into my head. Hooray for inspiration! It makes life so much easier!
How to Create the Party Cake Focal
Here’s how I created the focal for this party pretty card.
- First, fussy cut the cake image from Party Eight. Don’t worry about trimming between the candles. Add foam tabs or dimensionals to the back side of the fussy cut image.
- Fussy cut the floral clusters from Party Six. Back with dimensionals.
- Next, add foam tabs or other dimensionals to the back side of the cake image. (I cut up the Priority Mail boxes that my design team allotments are shipped in or other waste chipboard.)
- Die cut a doily from white cardstock. This is a Prima doily die, but you can use any doily from your stash. I don’t recommend using a thin paper doily, however, as it won’t work in this application.
- Cut the black polka dot paper from Party Six with Spellbinders Small Standard Circles Die (#5). Adhere this to the center of the doily. Back the center of the doily with more foam tabs/dimensionals.
- Now dress this cake up for the party by adding Diamond Stickles to the icing on the top layer and in the center of the cake layers.
- While the Stickles are still wet, sprinkle the top of the cake with TuTu Pink Prills
- Arrange the fussy cut flower clusters around the base of the plate, and adhere to the card.
Party for Her: A peek Inside
This stamped sentiment is the perfect match up for this card!
The large pocket on the bottom holds a sweet treat. (How did Trader Joe’s know that Authentique was releasing the Party collection? That’s what I want to know!)
I also tucked in a little gift card holder with room to write a personal note.
His and Hers Birthday Card Folios: Aged to Perfection
The fact that this collection can be used to create cards for guys and gals makes me really happy!
Meet Dapper Dan the Birthday Man! LOL Don’t you just love his natty teal birthday suit? Since the Party Collection Kit comes with the Details Stickers and Components Die Cuts, I was able to add some fun accents to both cards.
The “Best Wishes” sentiment banner and the “Let’s Party” Banner Flag are from the Components Die Cut Elements sheet and the Details Sticker Sheet. I fussy cut the “Aged to Perfection” image from Party Seven, then tucked it behind the fussy cut image from Party One.
There’s a party going on inside this birthday card, too. I die cut a gift card holder and added it to the top half of the card.
Then I created a cute chocolate wallet for the large pocket on the bottom. It takes a really secure man to wear a pointy pink party hat! LOL
Here’s a peeky at the inside of the chocolate wallet.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. I’d love to hear your thoughts on these fun His and Hers Birthday Card Folios in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Beautiful! How is the 5.25 x 7.25 card base made?
Hi, Sharon! If you check the Authentique tutorials on my YouTube page, you’ll find several tutorials. Here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/kwclement
Dear Kathy! What cute ideas for his and hers birthday cards Very vintage looking too! Great job of a party in a card!!! Who could want more! Hugs from Suzy Q
Kathy, these are both so marvelous!!! Love the birthday cake with all the regalia on the front especially!! The masculine one is so scrumptious too! Your portfolios are the way to go! So much more than a card! Love these Authentique papers and those gorgeous ribbons and flowers as well!
Hi Kathy, what an idea to make a birthday card for both male an female not always done , beautiful and so vintage . ,,,,,,,,hugs
more amazing work from you, Kathy! I love Authentique and you really know how to use it!
Kathy, no doubt about it, you are the best! You’re timing is perfect, I just ordered this paper. You make me ready to create. : )
Oh my goodness, both are these are so stinking fun!!! Your stitching is perfection, and love the cake on the guys card…excellent!
What fun his/her cards, Kathy. The colors are so bright, shouting “party!”. These are a great idea for couple’s birthdays–a matched set. tfs
Kathy, what fantastic cards! The girl card is so luscious, i just want to eat that cake! LOL Once again you’ve done such a beautiful job with your design, color and embellishments! Thank you for sharing! Have a beautiful day!