Independence Day Star Spangled Slimline Shaker Card
Happy 4th of July, Friends! I’m just popping in to share this Star Spangled Slimline Shaker card with you, and to wish you a day of great celebration. It’s been 245 years since the Declaration of Independence was signed. (If you haven’t read that brilliant document in a while, you might want to refresh your memory. ) I love this quote from John Adams regarding the importance of this day in history:
I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.
I sought to capture that spirit of celebration in this slimline shaker card made with Photoplay’s America the Beautiful Collection. Let’s take a look at how this card came together.
Step by Step
- Begin by folding a Photoplay Slimline Card Base in half to create an 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ top fold card.
- Next, cut panel of red cardstock to fit the front of the card.
- Now cut out the 4×6 journal card and the star pattern from the journal card that is beside it. Cut the stars so that they flank the Independence Day sentiment.
- Stitch the Independence Day sentiment and the right hand panel to the red cardstock base.
- Now back the left hand star panel with chipboard, wrap it with patriotic ribbon and adhere on the left hand side of the card.
- Cut a rectangular frame from a piece of white matboard. Heat emboss with red glitter embossing powder. Then back with clear cardstock and foam tape to make a shaker box.
- Next, adhere the ticket and circle ephemera to the Independence Day panel.
- Now place patriotic sequins (linked below) on the panel and press the shaker frame in place.
- Then tie the ribbon in a square knot, top with blue roses and patriotic charms and add glitter buttons on the left.
- Finally, adhere the star ephemera to a blue glitter clothespin, top with flowers and adhere on the right.
A Peek Inside
Here’s a peek at the inside. This one makes me think of a 4th of July Parade Float.
I hope everyone has a safe, and happy 4th of July celebration today. Take a moment to pause and think about the brave men and women who made this day possible for us. Then take another moment to thank God for this great nation. As the words of the song say, “America, America…God shed His grace on thee. And crown thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea!”
Thanks for stopping by!
- Photoplay Paper
- Flag Grosgrain Ribbon
- Blue Roses
- Patriotic Charms
- Shaker Elements
I just love this card…the shaker and all the bits and of course the inside. LOVE the slimline shape too! Hope all is well. I’m so sorry I haven’t been around.
Every detail is so inspirational and gives me hope…Beautiful, thoughtful and inspirational design – Bravo!
This is so festive!
I love the slimline cards, and this one is so colorful and timely. I especially liked the CELEBRATE on the inside using the paper line…ideas, ideas! Hope you and your family are having a special celebration of your own! Cheers!
Great card to celebrate this day, Kathy. The shaker element is a great way to create fireworks with just a shake! Your special ephemera and other embellishments are a true tribute to John Adam’s words. tfs-stay well. Hugs and Happy 4th!
Hello Kathy Happy Independence Day to you ,Dale and family. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and special time. A beautiful card as always Stay safe and well Carol xxx
You’ve definitely captured the spirit of celebration with this card! I love that your shaker is larger because you put it on a slimline card base. I appreciate your reminder of what we are celebrating on the 4th of July!
Perfect card Kathy!! Happy Independence Day to you and your family!!
Kathy, I hope everyone celebrating this Independence Day knows and appreciates the true meaning of it. I am filled with joy when I see all of the red, white, and blue patterns in this collection. Your shaker elements are glorious and kind of remind me of fireworks. And how cute are those patriotic charms? You have created a perfect card for this most important day! Wishing you and your family a very happy and safe 4th! Thank you for sharing this beautiful creation! Hugs!