June Gnome of the Month Folio Tutorial
Hello, Friends! I’m back from a week at the beach, and ready to share this adorable June Gnome of the Month Shaker Folio with you. I had a chance to run away for a little beach therapy last week, and it was glorious! Our eldest daughter rented a house just one row back from the beach. We were joined by our eldest son’s family (yes…the Littles were there…so I was a happy Nan!).
The weather could not have been more perfect: sunny skies, breezy, warm but not hot, glorious sunrises and sunsets…and we even saw a few dolphins. Turns out being a beach bum for a week is good for the soul. But now I’m back in the studio and ready to get my craft on.
Gnome Salute to Dad
I really appreciate that Photoplay chose to honor Dads in their June papers. Putting this 6×6 masculine gnome card folio together was a blast! From Mr. Fix It on the cover, to the Cool Dad gnome mobile, these papers are cute, cute, cute!
Make Your Own Shaker Frame!
This month, we’re going to make our own shaker frame. Don’t panic! It’s not at all hard to do!
- First, select a square die from your stash, I used the Spellbinders Scalloped Circle Nestabilities #2 die for my frame. You can use whatever square die you have in your stash.
- Next, line the die up on a piece of heavy cardstock so that you have about a 3/8″ border on all sides. Once the die is straight and even, use a little tape to hold it in place.
- Now, run through your die cutting machine. Remove the die cut from the center of the paper and save it for later use.
- Then trim the sides of the piece that is left so that they are all even. This is your frame.
- Next, back it with a piece of clear cardstock (acetate sheet) and 3 layers of 1/8″ foam tape.
- Finally, fill the shaker frame with itty bitty metal tool embellishments, small gears, sequins and stars. Voila! Super cute, super masculine shaker frame!
A Peek Inside
Here’s a look at the inside of this adorable folio. It looks pretty much the same as the January-May folios….but upon closer examination, you will see that I did change the design up a bit.
I figured out how to turn the calendar page into a hidden flap page. This makes more room for photos. And now you can see how I used the die cut scalloped square, too!
Of course we have lots of pockets, tags and mini folios tucked inside.
This folio would be a great Father’s Day gift, filled with photos and messages for Dad. If you’d like to learn how to make it, please enjoy the video tutorial below.
June Gnome of the Month Folio Tutorial on YouTube
I’ll be back tomorrow with a super cute beach themed card project. Thursday we’ll make our Graphic 45 Time to Flourish Folio, and Friday is the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop! On Saturday, our dear friends from Atlanta are coming to spend a few days. I guess it’s a good thing I took a vacation last week!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post. If you need to get caught up on the January-May Folios, you can find them HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Photoplay Year With My Gnomies Collection
- Spellbinders Scalloped Square Nestabilities Dies/RETIRED but you can substitute THIS die
- Clear Cardstock (acetate sheets)
- 1/8″ foam
- Mini Tool Set
- Metal Gears
- Novelty Tool Buttons
- Masculine Brads
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher