Land That I Love Shaker Card Folio for Really Reasonable Ribbon
Hello, Friends! When the calendar flipped to May, I felt inspired to create this Land That I Love Shaker Card Folio. After all, I had the glorious Patriotic Ribbon Club Assortment from Really Reasonable Ribbon in house. A quick check in at the Closet of Inspiration and Delight uncovered Photoplay’s America the Beautiful Collection waiting in the wings. How could I possibly ask for a better duo? I even found a leftover rosette tucked in with the papers, so it was clear to me that a Patriotic creation should be on the menu!
This vibrant card is slightly larger than my normal 5″ x 7″ creation. I wanted to make something large enough that it could double as a home décor piece, and function as a mini photo album. This 5 3/4″ x 8 1/4″ top fold card with a 1/2″ spine seemed about right to me. If you are like me, you enjoy having lots of “real estate” because it gives you lots of room to add layers of paper and embellishments to a card.
The Shaker Window
I am unapologetically patriotic. America is a glorious country. Her people are kind, generous, brave and hard-working. I may not always love the folks in D.C. or the way they try to run things, but the people of this nation inspire me. And the physical beauty of my country thrills me. Our oceans, mountains, rivers, forests, deserts, plains, waterfalls…all of that beautiful land fills my heart with joy. So when I found a 4×6 card in the paper collection that read “land that I love” I knew exactly what I was going to do!
- First, adhere clear cardstock (acetate) on the back side of the frame in the ephemera pack.
- Then, add 3 layers of 1/4″ foam tape to the back.
- Next, cut a panel of the navy blue check paper so that is slightly larger than the frame. Stitch this panel onto red and navy cardstock mats to make it stand out.
- Now, fill the center of that panel with red and blue buttons, Patriotic Stars Sparkletz, and sequins (linked below). Carefully line up the frame over the sequins and press in place.
- Finally, fussy cut the floral US map from the 4×6 card, back with adhesive and adhere to the front of the frame. Trim out the sentiment, back with 1/8″ foam tape and adhere to the top of the frame.
- Now add the red circus dot grosgrain ribbon from the assortment to the corners along with a little ivory burlap string bow and button combo.
A Peek Inside
There’s a patriotic party going on inside this vibrant card! The top half of the card houses a 3×4″ pull out folio.
There’s lots of room here to add photos and journaling, and you can also add a large photo beneath the pull out element.
Use the quad sheet to create a 5 1/2 x 6″ mini folio for all those great family photos.
You can even tuck in some flap pages!
A hidden side pocket makes a great place to tuck in some Polaroid style photo mats. Leave one side and the top edge open so that you can slide your photo in easily.
Surprise! A little tip in page provides room for even more photos!
I hope I’ve shared some ideas and inspiration that will help you create some spectacular Red, White and Blue cards just in time for summer!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- RRR Patriotic Ribbon Club Assortment (May 2022)
- Ivory Burlap String
- 1/2″ Scor-Tape
- Photoplay America the Beautiful Collection
- 1/4″ Foam Tape
- Clear Cardstock (acetate sheets)
- Sequin Mix
- Buttons and charms from my stash