Lavender Lilies Mixed Media Card with Really Reasonable Ribbon Lilac Seam Binding
Hello, Friends! This Lavender Lilies Mixed Media Card features Spellbinders Lily Arch Clear Stamp and Dies, I shared another project with this set earlier this week. Working with this stamp and matching die was so much fun that I decided to take it for another spin. This time I invited the Spellbinders Efflorescent Flora 3-D Embossing Folder and the Lily of the Valley Wax Seal of the Month along for the ride. Let me just tell you, friends: this was a crafty good time in my studio!
I created a ribbon closure for the card with Lilac Seam Binding Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon. It’s the perfect color match for this card.
Mixed Media Embossed Background
My favorite element on this card is the mixed media background. Here’s how I created it:
- First, lightly mist a 5″ x 7″ panel of lavender cardstock with water.
- Next, ink the flat side of the Efflorescent Flora 3D Embossing Folder with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. Just swipe the ink pad over the folder.
- Now, place the cardstock on the raised side of the embossing folder and run through your die cutting machine using the “sandwich” that is recommended for your machine.
- Gently heat dry the embossed background, then dry brush with white chalk paint.
- Once the paint is dry, apply Nuvo Mother of Pearl Mousse over the raised areas of the panel to create a subtle shine.
- Finally, cut the panel to fit the size of your card base (mine is 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″) and ink the edges with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.
Color your image with Milled Lavender and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Inks and a water brush. Then back with foam tape and adhere over a panel of designer cardstock.
Custom Envelope and Wax Seal
Create a custom envelope for your card with an Envelope Punch Board and a sheet of designer paper. To create a little color contrast on my card, I made a wax seal with the Lily of the Valley Wax Seal of the Month. Then I added a few Essential Gems for a little extra sparkle.
A Peek Inside
Once again, I used pretty papers from Prima Plant department to finish the inside of my card.
TIP: Use a scrap of your embossed panel as a border inside the card. It adds lots of texture, but allows the card to close with ease.
Dress up a vellum pocket with another scrap of your embossed panel. Then create a couple of sweet little treat bags from mini paper bags and top them off with more Lilac Seam Binding Ribbon.
This was such a fun card to create, and I’m really happy with the way it turned out. I hope I’ve shared some tips and ideas that you can use in your next crafty adventure.
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!
- Lilac Seam Binding Ribbon
- Spellbinders Paper Arts
- Prima Plant Department 12×12 Pad
- Plant Department Tags & Tickets
- Distress Oxide Ink: Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender and Peeled Paint
- Nuvo Mother of Pearl Mousse
- 1/8″ foam tape
- Bits and Bobs from my stash