Lemoncraft Delicious Home Sweet Home Decor
Hello, Friends! I thought we would start off our Monday with this cheery Lemoncraft Delicious Home Sweet Home Decor hanger. When Dale and I were newlyweds, we were blessed to find a teeny tiny garage apartment on Jacksonville Beach. Built above a one car garage, this humble abode was blessed with a bird’s eye view of the beach. We could actually tell if it was high tide or low tide just by stepping out onto the 2nd story landing at the top of the stairs that led to our little nest.
One of my favorite things about that apartment was my retro red and white kitchen. Red gingham curtains hung from the 2 windows. A red check oilcloth covered the tiny kitchen table. I even had a red dishpan, towels and dish drainer! This is where I learned how to cook. That kitchen saw my first (disastrous) attempts at baking bread and my first triumphs with my now legendary chocolate chip cookies. And this sweet little wall hanging transports me right back to those tender early years of marriage. Maybe that’s what caused me to let this collection fall into my shopping cart in the first place!
First, let’s talk about the little hanger. Many of you have asked me about these little hangers. I found these in closeout on the Melissa Frances website. You know what happened next: I bought as many of them as I could at the time. I’ve been back since to purchase more, and am sad to report that they are no more.
Now let’s talk about the construction of this piece. Here are some of the steps I took in creating this little number:
- First, stitch vintage crochet lace around the edges of a 6″ x 8″ panel of green apple cardstock.
- Next layer designer paper cut to fit just inside the stitching.
- Then create a shaker element with a Reneabouquets Beautiful Day Chipboard Frame.
- Now place your shaker mix on the background. I chose to frame the sweet image of the teapot shelf.
- Next, carefully line up the frame and press in place.
- Now it’s time to add flowers, fussy cuts, bows and buttons to the design.
Finally, add this little tea kettle charm for the perfect finishing touch.
Look for a linked supply list below this post.
I hope I’ve added some sunny thoughts to your Monday Morning. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Lemoncraft Delicious 12×12 Paper Collection
- Reneabouquets Beautiful Day Chipboard Frame
- Sangria Rosalind Roses
- Moonlight Beaded Blooms
- Black Houndstooth Ribbon
- Cherry Buttons
- Shaker Mix
- 1/8″ Foam Strips
- Clear Cardstock (Acetate sheets)
- Kaisercraft Flourishes Wood Icon (out of stock)
- Tea Kettle Charm
- Vintage Lace from my stash