Let it Snow Flip Folio with Authentique Wintery for Throwback Thursday
Hello, Friends! For this episode of Throwback Thursday I’ve prepared this adorable Let it Snow Flip Folio Tutorial. I reached all the way back to October 2016 when Authentique Paper released their gorgeous vintage style Wintery collection. This was the collection that convinced me to find a way to get on this design team. It’s so perfectly vintage, but perfectly fresh…which is kind of Authentique Paper’s wheelhouse. (By the way, I was asked to Guest Design for Authentique Paper in May 2017, and I gleefully joined the team after that Guest Designer spot. I joke with Samantha, the owner, that I had to woo her hard in between those two dates.)
Let it Snow Flip Folio Details
This little folio is 5 1/2″ square with a 1 1/2″ spine. The design is simple, but elegant. Here’s how the front cover comes together:
- First, cover a G45 Ivory Square Tag with designer paper from the Wintery collection. Use the tag tie to cut the paper liner.
- Next, heat emboss a Reneabouquets Snowflake Shadow Box with Stampendous Shabby Blue Frantage Embossing Enamel.
- Then, build the shaker box following Renea’s YouTube tutorial.
- Now fill the shaker box with a sequin mix. My mix is linked in the supply list below this post.
- Next adhere the shaker box to the striped 3×4 journal card from the paper collection.
- Then adhere this whole piece to the covered G45 tag.
- Before you adhere the tag to the cover, be sure to wrap the folio with ribbon.
- Next, attach the Reneabouquets Snowman to the right hand side of the shaker box. Use foam tape to fill in the space behind the body.
- Now all that is left to do is add your winter greenery, flowers and embellishments.
Here’s a look at the spine.
Let it Snow Flip Folio Tutorial and Project Tour on YouTube.
It’s always easier to get a feel for the layout and flow of an interactive folio in a video. So I’ve prepared a short project tour. This is followed by a tutorial that will help you build the base and the interactive elements within the folio. I hope you enjoy!
If you’d like to see some older projects made with Authentique Wintery, please click HERE. This folio is also listed for sale in my ETSY shop.
Look for a linked supply list below this post.
I hope I’ve inspired you to dig into your paper stash, pull out a lovely older collection and make something beautiful today.
Thanks for stopping by!
Note: Throwback Thursday projects are designed to inspire us to use older, retired products from our stash. For this reason, I may not be able to link to retired or out of stock supplies. Thank you for understanding.
- Authentique Wintery
- 12×12 Paper Collection
- 6×6 paper bundle
- Spectrum Cardstock
- Tricycle Red
- Cobblestone Grey
- Shaker Mix and Buttons
- May Arts 1 1/2″ Snowflake Natural Cotton Blend Ribbon (out of stock)
- Iridescent Metallic String
- Grey Snowflake Print Grosgrain Ribbon
- Mixed Media
- 1/2″ Scor-Tape
- Versamark Embossing Ink
- Stampendous Frantage Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel
- Let it Snow Tibetan Charm Mix
- Large Lobster Clasps from Butterbee Scraps
Oh my!!! Absolutely luv this collection and this folio is so gorgeously created! There was a card that you had made from one of the images …the boy and girl couple and the caption was about snowflakes were winters kisses …I can’t remember for sure now …. But yes it was so beautiful and I let that one get away! I was so new to all the internet and ordering stuff! Lol! Just luv these Throwback Thursdays Kathy! This Wintery Folio creation is awesome! Thanks for the walk down memory lane! Big hugs, Suzy Q
So cute with the snowman theme. We had 12 inches at the beginning of this month. It finally disappeared and we just got 1 inch now.
A great gift giving idea for loved ones to put photos in. I can handle this. Be safe 7 TYFS
Oh how I love Throwback Thursdays; an event to look forward to that just delights and makes your soul smile. This is a wonderfully delightful make and reminder that Christmas is as magical as your folio! Love, Love the fun and splendid embellishments (of which you are a master). The vintage profile of this folio is a favorite of mine. Thanks for another happy morning!!!!
But I want to add a caveat to the sentiment; “Let It Snow…just not in my neighborhood.” (he,he)
Love your Snowman folio – right down to all the wonderful embellishments – beautiful work, Kathy!!
Kathy, I just love everything about this folio! The snowman, the mittens, the pretty charms and those wonderful snowy shaker elements are so fabulous. It’s a perfect Wintery creation! Going now to watch the video! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
This is rustic~country perfection Kathy! It so reminds me of my Granny and home!!