Let it Snow Flip Folio with Authentique Wintery for Throwback Thursday
Hello, Friends! For this episode of Throwback Thursday I’ve prepared this adorable Let it Snow Flip Folio Tutorial. I reached all the way back to October 2016 when Authentique Paper released their gorgeous vintage style Wintery collection. This was the collection that convinced me to find a way to get on this design team. It’s so perfectly vintage, but perfectly fresh…which is kind of Authentique Paper’s wheelhouse. (By the way, I was asked to Guest Design for Authentique Paper in May 2017, and I gleefully joined the team after that Guest Designer spot. I joke with Samantha, the owner, that I had to woo her hard in between those two dates.)
Let it Snow Flip Folio Details
This little folio is 5 1/2″ square with a 1 1/2″ spine. The design is simple, but elegant. Here’s how the front cover comes together:
- First, cover a G45 Ivory Square Tag with designer paper from the Wintery collection. Use the tag tie to cut the paper liner.
- Next, heat emboss a Reneabouquets Snowflake Shadow Box with Stampendous Shabby Blue Frantage Embossing Enamel.
- Then, build the shaker box following Renea’s YouTube tutorial.
- Now fill the shaker box with a sequin mix. My mix is linked in the supply list below this post.
- Next adhere the shaker box to the striped 3×4 journal card from the paper collection.
- Then adhere this whole piece to the covered G45 tag.
- Before you adhere the tag to the cover, be sure to wrap the folio with ribbon.
- Next, attach the Reneabouquets Snowman to the right hand side of the shaker box. Use foam tape to fill in the space behind the body.
- Now all that is left to do is add your winter greenery, flowers and embellishments.
Here’s a look at the spine.
Let it Snow Flip Folio Tutorial and Project Tour on YouTube.
It’s always easier to get a feel for the layout and flow of an interactive folio in a video. So I’ve prepared a short project tour. This is followed by a tutorial that will help you build the base and the interactive elements within the folio. I hope you enjoy!
Look for a linked supply list below this post.
I hope I’ve inspired you to dig into your paper stash, pull out a lovely older collection and make something beautiful today.
Thanks for stopping by!
Note: Throwback Thursday projects are designed to inspire us to use older, retired products from our stash. For this reason, I may not be able to link to retired or out of stock supplies. Thank you for understanding.
- Authentique Wintery
- 12×12 Paper Collection
- 6×6 paper bundle
- Spectrum Cardstock
- Tricycle Red
- Cobblestone Grey
- Shaker Mix and Buttons
- Mixed Media
- Let it Snow Tibetan Charm Mix
- Large Lobster Clasps from Butterbee Scraps