Little Birdie Crafts Birthday Clock Card with Aqua Medley Collection
Hello, Friends! Today I have a summery Little Birdie Crafts Birthday Clock Card to share with you. Summertime is birthday season in the Clement household. We have 9 birthdays in a 2 month span, and that means a lot of card making goes on! When you have that many special cards to make, a simple design comes in handy!
But a simply designed card can still look like a mini masterpiece if you play your cards right! (Bad pun; I know, I know!) If you have about 30 minutes to spare, you can make this very pretty card.
How to Make a Simply Fabulous Birthday Card in About 30 Minutes
- First, cut a 6″ x 12″ panel of the burlap pattern from Aqua Medley. Score this in half at 6″ to form a 6 inch square top fold card.
- Next, cut a 4 3/4″ square of the blue floral pattern. Mat this on a slightly larger panel of aqua cardstock.
- Now adhere 2 vertical rows of 1″ wide ribbon on the right hand side of the card. I use Scor-Tape to hold the ribbon in place. Leave the ends of the ribbon long so that you can fold it around to the back side of the card. Back this panel with foam tape or dimensionals and set aside.
- Then brush the Little Birdie Chipboard Clock with mica powder. Back with foam tape or dimensionals and adhere to a scalloped circle doily from the paper collection. Place dimensionals on the back of this element and adhere over the ribbon panel.
- Next, cut a 5″ square of white cardstock and mat on a slightly larger panel of aqua cardstock. Back with dimensionals.
- Now center and adhere all the card panels to the card front.
- Finish with ribbon and Arctic Ice Flowers.
A Peek Inside
Line the inside of the card with 5 3/4″ squares of Aqua Medley papers. Then create a gift card pocket from an Aqua Mist Journal Card. Decorate a 3″ x 5″ envelope with papers and a punch out doily and tuck it inside the pocket.
Frame a stamped sentiment with bits of left over foliage and glittered butterflies from the Ephemera Pack.
See? I told you it was easy! The best part is you can use this same recipe with any paper collection and any theme.
You can find a linked supply list below the post.
Now I’d better get busy making more birthday cards!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Little Birdie Crafts Aqua Medley 12×12 Paper Pack
- Primed Chipboard Clock
- Arctic Ice Flowers
- Sheer Organza with Satin Center Ribbon
So pretty in the shades of blue. Love the clock and birds and butterflies.
This might sound weird but you’ve really captured the look of the mold that grows on old books and paper! It really does a lot to artificially age the project. I’m really impressed! 🙂 It looks real! (I mean that as a compliment. I realize saying, “your card looks moldy” may not come across that way! :))
Very nice card to finish the week – love the clock, the color combo is very refreshing – well done again, Kathy!!
Love the blues Kathy!! Another masterpiece! Have a great Friday.
Kathy, what a breathtaking card! Oh, those blues are so soothing and dreamy and those flowers are amazing! Of course those cute little birdies are always a favorite for me. We’ve had so many birdies at our feeders this summer. Such a joy to watch. I LOVE your sentiment, it is so very true! Thank you for sharing this beauty! Hugs!
What timing – birds are a chirping now as I open this, oh so pretty card! And, finally our Mexican Petunia is blooming – yes three BLUE flowers. Love those happy paper scenes and that statement label is so perfect. You still amaze me, give me joy, and are such a wonderful artist! Thank you my friend…
Your designs just keep getting better and better. Beautiful.