Tammy Tutterow Designs: Love, Luck & Ladybugs Bookmark Card
Hello, Friends! I love ladybugs, do you? There’s something magical about their little polka dot bodies and delicate wings. So when I got my hands on Tammy Tutterow’s darling “Wishing You” stamp, I could hardly wait to use it. Today I got to have a playdate with this darling design, and I’m excited to share this Love, Luck & Ladybugs Bookmark card .
Love Luck & Ladybugs: Stamping the Design
This is a standard 5″ x 7″ top fold card. I tried to go clean and simple with this design…something that is very hard for me. How’d I do? Here’s how i went about pulling this card together:
- Stamp the image on smooth white cardstock with Jet Black Archival Ink.
- Heat Emboss with clear powder.
- Stamp the image a 2nd time on green polka dot paper. Cut out.
- Stamp the image again on black floral print, cut out.
- Stamp the image once more on black gingham. Cut out.
- Paper piece the image together, gluing each body section in place.
- Stitch onto black cardstock. Mat on red cardstock.
- Color the lettering.
- Create a mask by stamping the image onto a post it note. Cut out, place over stamped image.
- Ink the white areas with Antique Linen and Bundled Sage Distress Inks. Spritz and flick with water.
- Spatter with diluted Black Chalk Paint.
Love Luck & Ladybugs: Adding the Details
- Tie a bow with Black and White Houndstooth Ribbon
- Cut Pom Pom Posies from Grey Felt
- Place each layer on foam mat and run around the edges with an 8mm ball stylus to ruffle the edges.
- Glue layers together
- Add button to center with hot glue.
- Die cut leaves from green felt. Glue onto ribbon.
- Add Flower
- Die Cut Frayed Tabs from designer paper to create banner flags.
- Top with buttons.
- Glue in place.
Love Luck & Ladybugs: The inside Job
- Die Cut Paper Bag Envelope from Designer Paper and assemble according to directions
- Add square knot ribbon and sticker.
- Glue onto upper portion of card.
- Die cut the insert from Paper Bag Envelope using designer paper
- Stamp with Flower Swag 5. Color
- Stamp with Tiny Sentiments
- Add Frayed Tabs Banner and button
- Create bookmark by cutting two long strips of designer paper, one slightly longer than the other.
- Cut fishtail banners on the ends.
- Mat on Red and Black cardstock.
- Join the two strips with a piece of 1/4″ Scor-Tape applied to the very top edge of the larger strip.
- Die cut a 2″ doily from white cardstock.
- Add faux stitching with a fine line sharpie pen.
- Stamp the ladybug body onto the doily
- Stamp again onto scraps of designer paper and paper piece onto doily as decoration.
Tammy Tutterow Designs by Spellbinders
- Wishing You Cling Stamp
- Tiny Sentiments Cling Stamp
- Flower Swag 5 Cling Stamp
- Paper Bag Envelope Die
- Frayed Tabs Die
- Pom Pom Posies Die
- Authentique “Cheerful” Collection Kit
- Grey and Green Wool Felt from my stash
- Red buttons from my stash
- Black and red cardstock
- Black and White Houndstooth Ribbon
- Jet Black Archival Ink
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Fine Line Black Sharpie Pen
- 2″ die cut doily
I hope you were inspired by this sweet little ladybug!
Thanks for stopping by!