I’m in Love…I’m All Shook Up Love Notes Shaker Box for Valentine’s Day
Hello, Friends? Got Chocolate? Well, we might find some tucked in side this Love Notes Shaker Box project! I’ve used Authentique Paper’s darling Love Notes Collection with a Reneabouquets Printed Beautiful Board Chipboard Frame to create this shabby chic beauty. It’s a match made in heaven!
Love Notes Shaker Box: The Shaker Frame
The box folio measures just 5″ x 5″ with 1″ spines. So the Reneabouquets Romance and Roses Printed Beautiful Board Frame was the perfect size to turn into a shaker top. Here’s how I did it:
- First, trace around the outside of the beautiful board frame onto a piece of clear cardstock.
- Next, cut the traced image out, cutting inside the traced line so that it will fit perfectly behind the frame.
- Now repeat this step, tracing onto the Love Notes Two pattern.
- Adhere the clear cardstock to the back of the frame with Dries Clear Adhesive. Use a baby wipe or damp paper towel to clean up any spillover.
- Now die cut a doily to fit behind the heart frame. I used the middle doily from the Heartfelt Creations Rounded Window Frame Die.
- Place the Love Notes heart on the box card cover. Fill the center with the shaker mix.
- Back the heart frame with 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips. Then align over the sequin mix and press in place.
Add a little sparkle to the ribbons on the heart with Diamond Stickles. Then add pink flowers, Garden Rose Ribbon, a vintage button and White Iridescent Metallic String to finish off the cover.
Love Notes Shaker Box: A Peek Inside
The inside of a card is just as much fun to create as the outside. Add a box pocket, fill it with goodies and decorate it with a sticker from the Love Notes Collection. Then create a sweet little folio on the top half of the card and tie it shut with a bit of pretty pink ribbon.
Look how cute it is!
And you’ll be voted “Best Valentine Ever” when you present this array of Valentine treats! Dress a tea bag up inside a cute little wallet. Wrap a cookie pack with designer paper and add a sticker. Make a mini card, add a honey stick and a vintage silver plate spoon for extra fun. And it just wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without a bit of chocolate! Yum!
Learn how to create a box style pocket HERE. You’ll find a linked supply list below, too.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Paper Love Notes 12×12 Collection Kit (includes Stickers)
- February Calendar Collection Images
- Reneabouquets Beautiful Board Small Romance and Roses Heart Frame
- Clear Cardstock (Acetate Sheets)
- Lilac Lane My Valentine Shaker Tin
- Garden Rose Satin Ribbon
- Hot Pink and Shocking Pink Diagonal Stripe Grosgrain
- Heartfelt Creations Rounded Window Frame Die
- Retired Petaloo Botanic Blooms
- Bling and Vintage Button from my stash