Lovestruck Lollipop Valentine Bookmarks and Treat Wallet for The Kiddies
Hello, again, Friends! Just as I promised, I’m back today with more Lovestruck Valentines. My last project used Lovestruck to make a sassy and sweet grown up Valentine. But these Lovestruck Lollipop Valentine Bookmarks and Valentine Treat Wallet are made with the kids in mind. Both of today’s projects are quick and easy to make, so let’s get the party started!
Lovestruck Lollipop Valentine Bookmarks
These retro images take me right back to elementary school! Remember the fun Valentine’s Day parties with cookies, punch and Valentine treats? My mom always insisted that we make our own Valentines for those parties. One year, we baked heart shaped cookies and decorated them with frosting. Another year, we cut out construction paper hearts, added a stick of gum and wrote “I’m stuck on you, ” on each card. And one year we handed out lollipops with a little tag that said, “I’m a sucker for you.” My mom was never short on imagination! I’m so thankful for her innovation and creativity!
Somewhere in my shopping adventures, I ran across these white bookmark forms. I think they were in a dollar bin somewhere. I liked the shape and the scalloped edge, so I brought them home. While doing my annual end of the year clean up, I ran across them and realized they would make great Valentines!
Each bookmark measures 2″ wide x 6″ tall. Because of the petite size, I decided to work with the Lovestruck 6″ x 6″ paper bundle as well as the Lovestruck Collection Kit. (You always want to try to match the scale of your paper pattern to the size of your project.)
The focal images are cut from the 12×12 collection kit, then embellished with stickers and other fussy cut images.
To add the lollipop to these Lovestruck Lollipop Bookmarks, punch two holes with a standard hole punch. Then thread the stem of the lollipop through the holes and secure on the back side of the bookmark with tape. You could make a bunch of these cutie pie bookmarks in no time! I think they’d make darling party favors!
Lovestruck Valentine Treat Wallet
This cute little treat wallet is so easy to make using paper scraps and stickers. Here’s how I did it:
- First, cut a 7.5″ wide x 5″ tall piece of scrap cardstock.
- Next, place the long side on your scoring tool. Score at 3.25″ and 7″.
- Crease the folds to create a little wallet. Decorate the front as seen here.
- Create a belly band from paper scraps and decorate with a sticker.
For the inside:
- You will have a 1″ overlap on the right hand side. This becomes a pocket.
- Now, line the interior of the wallet with papers from the 6×6 Paper Bundle.
- Then glue the sides of the 1″ flap to the base to form a pocket. You can punch a thumb hole with a 1″ circle punch first, if desired.
- Now, fill the pocket with treats, a gift card or a little note.
- Back a sticker with cardstock and glue just the bottom edge on the left hand side of the wallet. This becomes a tuck spot for an image.
How easy was that?
I hope I’ve shared some fun ideas that you can use when making Valentines for your favorite kiddoes. I think these would make darling party favors and would even be fun for teachers!
Thanks for stopping by!