Heartfelt Creations June 2018 Alumni Hop: Lush Lilac Sweet Day Get Well Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop! Today I have a a lovely Lush Lilac Sweet Day Get Well Card to Share with you. You’ll find the complete hop list at the bottom of this post along with a supply list. Are you ready to hop? Let’s get started!
This collection is well-named! It is so lush! Growing up in New England, lilac bushes were always the harbinger of Springtime. You could count on the winter weather and snow being past when the lilacs started to bloom.
I’ve combined the Lush Lilac Blooms with Sweet Peonies on this 5 1/4″ x 8″ top fold card. The darling little birds, ornate bird cages, tiny lilac blossoms and peonies look so pretty together.
One of the things I love about working with Heartfelt Creation products is the thoughtful design of each collection. For instance, in the Lush Lilac paper collection, there’s a whole page of lovely printed/colored lilac blooms. You simply place the matching die over the paper, cut out, run through the Lush Lilac flower mold and boom! Dozens of perfectly colored and shaped lilac blossoms in no time. I brushed each blossom with a little Art Institute Dries Clear Glitter Glue, then shook them in a container of Angel Dust Glitter to add just a touch of sparkle and shine.
Lush Lilac Sweet Day Get Well Card: Construction Details
This is a very simple card to make. NOTE: I inked all my cut edges with ColorBox Plumeria chalk ink.
- First, cut the main card panel from the collection. I cut mine to measure 4 3/4″ x 7 1/4″.
- Now mat the panel on a slightly larger amethyst cardstock panel. Machine stitch around the perimeter with cream thread.
- Next, lay the stitched panel on a glass cutting mat (or the glass from an old picture frame). Use a craft knife to cut along the left hand edge of the birdcage. You want a slit that is just large enough to fit the “Have a Sweet Day” tag.
- To add dimension, back the tag with foam dots or waste chipboard and insert into the prepared opening. Adhere in place.
- Now top the tag with a small bow and button. Add a mini white clothespin to the top right hand corner. Top with lilac blooms.
Lush Lilac Sweet Day Get Well Card: Purple Peonies
Here’s how I made my purple peonies:
- Stamp two sets of Large Sweet Peonies onto patterned paper from the Lush Lilac Paper Collection. I used ColorBox Plumeria Ink to do this.
- Stamp 3 Sets of Small Sweet Peonies on patterned paper.
- Before die cutting, add green or yellow chalk ink to the center of each flower.
- Die cut flower layers and foliage with the matching dies.
- Spritz lightly with water and place in the Basic Flower Shaping Mold. Then run through your die cutting machine.
- Cup each layer with a stylus from the Flower Shaping Tool Kit.
- Stagger the flower layers and adhere together.
- Pierce the center of each flower and add stamens.
- Mist flowers with a combination of Lavender Fields and Dazzling Diamonds Tattered Angels Mist.
- Dry with a heat gun.
- Use sponge daubers to add more Plumeria Ink to outside petals and cut edges.
- Adhere to card.
Lush Lilac Sweet Day Get Well Card: A Peek Inside
I’ve added a flap and pocket to the card interior.
This sentiment is so perfect for someone dealing with a long recovery. I hand wrote it on the open space of the designer paper. The little flap pocket on the right is filled with cheery thoughts to brighten long days.
The large pocket on the bottom contains more happy thoughts written on some of the lovely tags and journal cards from the cut apart page.
On With the Hop!
Below you will find a list of all the HC Alumni participating in this month’s hop.
You will want to be sure to visit each one, and leave a lovely comment behind. One comment will be randomly chosen from a mystery blog to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Certificate. The hop ends at 11:59PM EDT on Monday, July 2nd, so be sure to hop and comment before that date.
The winner will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations Blog and Facebook Page on Wednesday, July 4th. I’ll also post the winning name at the top of this post at that time. To claim your prize, you must contact email@example.com within 72 hours to claim your prize. Write “Winner of the June Alumni Hop” in the subject line of your email.
Now let’s get hopping!
I hope I’ve shared some tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures! If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for hopping!
- Lush Lilac 12×12 Paper Collection
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
- 3D Floral Basics Shaping Mold
- Small Sweet Peony Stamp and matching Die
- Large Sweet Peony Stamp and Matching Die
- 3D Lush LIlac Shaping Mold
- Lush Lilac Die (to cut lilac blooms from paper collection)
- Luggage and Tags Die
- Plumeria Chalk Ink
- Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter
- Guacamole Chalk Ink
- Stack and Store Daubers
- Rock Candy Stamens Small
- Pastel Bead Wired Stamens