March 2023 Banner of the Month Tutorial with G45 Time to Flourish and Reneabouquets
Hello, Friends! It’s time to share my March 2023 Banner of the Month Tutorial with you. How many of you guessed that there would be a lot of green in this month’s banner? Did you also expect to see purple? Shades of green, purple hues, touches of cream and a bit of gold make this banner worthy of the month when we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
This is the second banner in our 2023 Banner of the Month series. You can watch the tutorial for the first banner HERE.
I only had small scraps of the March TTF papers left after making our March folio. So I supplemented with some Cottage Life green patterns and solids and a few images to round out the design.
Hand Cut Pennants
This month, I cut the large 4 1/2″ x 7″ pennants by hand. It’s not as impressive as it sounds:
- First, cut a 4 1/2″ x 7″ rectangle of green patterns and solids.
- Next, from the bottom edge, measure 2 1/4″ from either side to find the center point of the rectangle.
- Then measure up 2 1/4″ from that point. Draw a line from the corners of the rectangle to the dot in the center and cut to form the pennant.
- Stitch the pennant onto slightly larger rectangles of lavender cardstock, machine stitch and trim.
Ivory Square Tag Pennants
The banner also has 2 Ivory Square Tag pennants. Use the G45 Square Tag die to cover the front and you’ll have these ready to go in no time!
Share a Cuppa with Me
Because my Irish Grammy always seemed to have a big china mug of tea going, I decided to dress up the center pennant with a tea theme. These lovely pieces were shared with me from a friend who follows my blog. They look wonderful on this month’s banner!
Inviting Reneabouquets to the Party
Since I had some new goodies from Reneabouquets, I had to invite them to the party! The gorgeous purple butterflies at either end of the banner are from her new Dreamers winter release. The lovely purple pearls, mini mason jar and stunning violet heart frame also come from her shop. I made the bird’s nest myself. with burlap string
I hope you’ll find time to follow along with this March 2023 Banner of the Month Tutorial and make your own spring banner. Here’s the YouTube video:
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Graphic 45 Time to Flourish
- Cottage Life
- Ivory Square Tags
- Die for Ivory Square Tag and Clock Dies
- Hyacinth Satin Swirl Ribbon
- G45 Purple Roses
- Flowers, Buttons, Trims from my stash