Amazing Paper Grace Marvelous Medallion Garden Party Card
Hello, Friends! What could be more fun in the middle of winter than a Marvelous Medallion Garden Party Card? I can almost feel the sunshine on my shoulders, how about you? Today I’m introducing you to the Amazing Paper Grace February 2022 Die of the Month from Spellbinders. Ooh-la-la! This die is so beautiful when paired up with Simple Stories Vintage Cottage Fields paper collection!
Here’s how this card came together:
- First, create a 6×6 top fold card with 1/4″ spines on the top and bottom edges.
- Next, cut mats from white and peach cardstock.
- Now cut a 5 1/4″ square of patterned floral paper and adhere to the mats.
- Next, die cut the background medallion piece from melon cardstock.
- Then die cut the top piece from cream cardstock. Adhere the two pieces together. Place 1/8″ foam strips on the outer edges of the die cuts and glue to the sides of the card.
- Now tie melon seam binding through the openings between the die cuts and tie a bow.
Making the Flowers
Every good garden party needs flowers! The Marvelous Medallion set has 2 sizes of petal dies, foliage and stamen dies. (I did not use the stamen dies on these flowers.) You will want to die cut lots and lots of petal layers from your cardstock scraps. Brush the edges with Abandoned Coral Distress ink to add some shading and detail to the flower edges. My stamens are a blend of peach and mango small stamens.
A Peek Inside
You can see that I used the filigree banner die and another die cut medallion base to decorate the pocket and top half of my card.
Then I used my scraps to “gift wrap” some chocolate, a tea bag, and a honey stick. It’s always nice to tuck a little note card into a pocket, so I made one of those from scraps as well.
How to Get the Die & More Samples
You can join the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Club HERE. Members receive an expertly designed die set each month, complete with inspiration. Plus, members get store savings, extra deals, gifts, and more.
You might want to pop over to the Amazing Paper Grace Blog to see the gorgeous samples Becca has made with this new Die of the Month. She’s got some great ideas to share with you.
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Amazing Paper Grace Marvelous Medallion/February APG DOM
- Simple Stories Vintage Cottage Fields
- 12×12 Collection Kit
- Bits & Pieces Ephemera
- Melon Seam Binding Ribbon