Merry Moments Slimline Christmas Card
Hello, Friends! I think you’re going to enjoy this Merry Moments Slimline Christmas Card today. Why? Because it is a very quick and easy make. That really comes in handy during the busy holiday season. It’s also a beautiful way to present a gift card. Packaging a gift card in this pretty way really does make it feel more special.
Merry Moments Slimline Christmas Card How-To’s
Here’s how I put this quick and easy card together.
- First, create a 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ side fold slimline card base.
- Next, cut a 3 1/4″ x 8 1/4″ panel of red metallic cardstock.
- Now cut a 3″ x 8″ panel of Simple Stories Rustic Christmas poinsettia paper.
- Then cut the poinsettia panel in half at 4″. Adhere the plaid pattern on the top of the red metallic cardstock and the poinsettias on the bottom.
- Next, die cut the Spellbinders Merry Filigree twice from pearlized white cardstock. Die cut the circle frame from the same cardstock. Then die cut the filigree sentiment from red metallic cardstock.
- Now layer the outer filigree over the patterned paper. I placed pop dots in the corners to create some depth. Then I covered them up with Reneabouquets Holly Beautiful Board.
- Then back the filigree sentiment with 1/8″ foam strips and adhere over the die cut circle. Back this assembly with dimensionals and adhere in the center of the card.
- Decorate the sentiment area with a beautiful Christmas plaid bow, greenery, Christmas flowers, another holly piece and the Christmas girl. Add some jingle bells for good measure.
Although it took me a few minutes to come up with the layout and design for this card, it’s actually quite quick and easy to put together. You could easily make a stack of these and put them together assembly line style.
A Peek Inside
Finish the inside with designer papers and a pretty pocket that’s been dressed up with another die cut panel. You can tuck in a tea bag, as I did here, or place a gift card in the pocket.
Do you make a stack of Christmas cards to give to friends, family and co-workers? This simple design is on trend, comes together quickly and makes a great visual impact. I hope you’ll give it a try.
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Spellbinders Merry Filigree Cardmaker Die
- Simple Stories Vintage Rustic Christmas Collection
- Prima Christmas in the Country Flowers (retired and out of stock)
- 5/8″ Christmas Bold Plaid Check Ribbon
- Gold Metallic String
- Red Bead/Berry Spray
- Reneabouquets Printed Beautiful Board
- Evergreen boughs from the craft store floral department
- 1/8″ foam strips