Music Themed Sympathy Card
Hello, Friends! No one likes to make sympathy cards, but in my opinion, they are one of the most meaningful and important cards we can make. I made this Music Themed Sympathy Card when a dear pastor/teacher recently passed away. Steve knew both Dale and me before were were married, counseled us after we were married and then befriended us as our pastor while we were raising our young family. He had a passion for music, so I made this music themed sympathy card to honor and remember him.
This 5″ x 7″ card has a top fold design. I dug through the Closet of Shame to find this old pad of DCWV Performance paper, knowing it would be the perfect choice for this card.
Tips and Tricks for Creating a Sympathy Card
- First, keep it simple. Simple elegance strikes just the right note during times of sorrow or stress.
- Next, choose soft, soothing neutrals in papers, flowers and embellishments to provide a sense of comfort and also elegance. Little Birdie Flowers are paired up with Ivory Satin ribbon to help achieve that effect.
- Thirdly, say it simply: This simple sentiment is stamped with Versamark Ink, then embossed with Fine Gold Embossing Powder. Then I die cut it, rounded the edges against my bone folder and adhered just the outer edges to achieve dimension.
- Walk softly: Vellum music paper accented with gold foiling softens the background paper even more.
- Finally, make it personal: Think about the individual, what they meant in your life, the things they loved and try to in some way incorporate that into the card, if possible.
Music Themed Sympathy Card: A Peek Inside
The inner sentiments are stamped on foiled designer paper. I created a little pocket where I could tuck in my own personal thoughts, memories and message of condolence.
This quote from the paper collection was perfect for the card. Steve was a brilliant man; but his true genius lay in his ability to love and accept others. He will be sorely missed.
Thanks for stopping by!
- DCWV Performance 12×12 paper collection (retired)
- Whip Cream Prestige Cardstock
- Little Birdie Rosalind and Paulina
Stamps: Retired from Stampin’ Up: Loving Thoughts, Thoughts and Prayers (Check E-bay)
MFT Flourish Frames(retired)
Kathy, that is just beautiful. Whoever gets it will know that you care because you spent so much time and effort on it. Gorgeous.
Kathy this card is just lovely. It’s heartwarming and touching. Prayers for you and your pastor’s family and friends. Hugs
Thanks for your tips on creating heartfelt sympathy cards. On behalf of our HOA, I deliver sympathy cards within our 196 site 55+ manufactured home park, very much appreciated by the families of our residents. “Music of life” is a soothing theme.
Your post couldn’t have come at a better time for me. I am the “Community Correspondent” for my chorus and I need to make a sympathy card for one of our members who recently lost her mother. Since I make cards for two choral groups, I am always on the look out for music-themed paper. I have this one in my stash! The hardest part of any project is getting started and you certainly helped me with that!
Love & blessings, Sandy
Thoughts and prayers in the loss of your friend, Kathy. This card is so beautiful . .. very obvious it was made with much love . . . . thank you for sharing!
Such a beautiful, elegant sympathy card – just gorgeous, Kathy!!
Beautiful sympathy card. Love the music theme.
Beautiful card. Simple, elegant, and meaningful.
Kathy, what a gorgeous sympathy card. It’s simplistic, elegance is so perfect and the sentiments are lovely and heartfelt. This will surely bring a measure of comfort to the family receiving it. Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
What a beautiful way to honor your pastor/friend, Kathy. Glad for the tips for making a sympathy card. One of my crafting friends recently told us she needed to make some sympathy cards…I’m passing on these tips to her. Wish that paper pad wasn’t retired! Thanks for sharing the card, the tips…sorry for the loss.
Kathy, your sympathy card is both touching and elegant. Your sincere love for your pastor shows through in the details and your post is spot on. Thank you for sharing this. Sending you hugs and praying for comfort for your family and those of your friend for your loss of a dear man.
Beautiful card and lovely choice for a Pastor. I am very sorry for your families loss.
Perfect, Kathy…simple and elegant.
This sympathy card is truly lovely, Kathy. So simply elegant, but made with extra love. Thinking and praying for you and your family’s loss of a true friend. Big hugs, Suzy Q
Kathy, your sympathy card is lovely.