My Cup of Tea Friendship Valentine with Really Reasonable Ribbon & Photoplay Paper
Hello, Friends! Today’s Friendship Valentine is precisely My Cup of Tea! Valentine’s Day is a great time to celebrate the friends who are like family. And any time is a great time to make a card with cute teacups, classy ribbon and pretty papers!
See what I mean? This 5″ x 7″ top fold card features ribbons from the January Sweetheart Ribbon Assortment. I was delighted to see how well they pair with Photoplay’s Our Friendship Through the Years collection. Would you like to find out how this card came together? Then read on, my friend!
Layers and Layers of Love
- First, create a 51/4″ x 7 1/4″ card base with a 1/4″ spine.
- Next cut layers of burlap paper to serve as mats for the designer paper. You might have some of this lurking in your Closet of Inspiration and Delight. I cut the mats 1/4″ wider than the patterned paper layers.
- Now, cut and mat a 5″ x 7″ layer of the plaid pattern to serve as the backdrop. This is a large plaid print, but when you use it as a backdrop, it does not overwhelm the card design.
- Then cut and mat a 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ panel of the red floral pattern. Center and adhere over the plaid.
- Next, trim the 4″ x 6″ geometric journal card to 3 3/4″ x 5 3/4″. Mat and adhere.
- Now fussy cut the teacups from the 3×4 card, back with foam tape and adhere over the circular element from the ephemera pack.
Now it’s time to dress up your Valentine with pretty ribbons from the January Ribbon Club Assortment.
- First, create a belly band by layering Poppy Red Taffeta and Geometric Print Satin Ribbons.
- Next, Tie a poufy corner bow with Checkerboard White Satin Ribbon.
- Then tie a triple-loop bow with the geometric satin ribbon and adhere in the lower corner of the card. I was delighted to see how well this ribbon matched the geometric design in the paper collection!
- Now top that bow off with some burlap string and a little teacup charm.
- Add the finishing touch with an array of deep red posies.
A Peek Inside
Fill an inside pocket with all sorts of Valentine treats.
It’s a quick and easy task to create a tag for the pocket. Simply mat the tag from the ephemera pack on a scrap of burlap paper. Then top it with more of the geometric ribbon. Now you have a lovely bookmark to add to the tea, chocolate and honey stick.
Let’s Start a Trend
I think 2022 would be a great year to make Friendship Valentines a trend. Remember the excitement we all felt when we wrote out Valentines for all our school mates? I don’t know if kids take the time to do that any more, but I would love to see that come back. A simple act of kindness and an expression of gratitude go a long way in this crazy world we live in. Let’s be trendsetters this year, and send out surprise Valentines to let people know they are loved and appreciated! Who’s with me?
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon January Ribbon Club Assortment
- Photoplay Paper Our Friendship Collection Kit (includes stickers)
- Burlap Paper
- Little Birdie Flowers
- Prima With Love Teacup Charm