Graphic 45 November Time to Flourish Desk Folio Tutorial with Reneabouquets
Hello, Friends! Well, it’s time for us to share our Graphic 45 November Time to Flourish Desk Folio Tutorial on this Throwback Thursday. Wow, it seems like just a couple of weeks ago when we shared the January folio, doesn’t it? If you are new to this year-long series, you can find the previous 10 folio tutorials on my YouTube Throwback Thursday Playlist. The November folio is extra beautiful with rich autumn hues and some lovely Reneabouquets Beautiful Board accents.
Each of these easel style desk folios measures 6″ x 6″. Designed to be used as a decorative item on your desk or side table, they have ample room for photos and journaling inside. This is my own original design, and I never seem to grow tired of making these folios. They make the best birthday presents! And, you can easily substitute other papers to make little baby shower, wedding, or Christmas folios. How fun is that?
Beauti-fall Reneabouquets Beautiful Board
Each month, I add some Reneabouquets accent pieces to really make the design special. Sometimes I use frames or a doily. But this month, I created a sparkly fall leaf and acorn with her stackable leaf beautiful board. Then I added some elegance with a pull tab fashioned from a Sugar Bee Corner. Ink this up with embossing ink and sprinkle with Copper Embossing powder to create a unique pull tab. Read on to find out more!
Mixed Media Action
This lovely fall leaf Stackable Beautiful Board is so much fun to make!
- First, color the base layer of the leaf with a blend of Spiced Marmalade, Tea Dye, Peeled Paint and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink. Sponge the ink on with a blending tool. Then spritz it with water to distress it. Set aside to dry.
- Next, sponge Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink over the top chipboard layer of the leaf. Then sprinkle with Vintage Beeswax Embossing Ink (Seth Apter). Heat until the powder begins to melt.
- Now sprinkle Charred Gold Baked Texture over the hot embossing powder like salt and heat again.
- While the embossed leaf is still hot, sprinkle again with Chunky Rust Texture Embossing Powder and heat again.
- Finally, sprinkle Ancient Amber Baked Texture over the hot embossed area and heat one last time. The end result is a richly textured chipboard piece with subtle shades of color.
- Finish by gluing the chipboard top to the leaf base. Then fill in some of the swirled areas with Dries Clear Adhesive. Sprinkle Gold Distress Glitter over the glue, turn over a funnel tray to remove the excess and set aside to dry.
Flowers, Leaves and Ribbon
Pull out the rich tones of the paper with some fall foliage, flowers and custom dyed seam binding ribbon. I’ll share a link to the seam binding ribbon tutorial in the video description box.
A Peek Inside
The inside of the folio has all sorts of fun tuck spots, pockets, mini folios and journaling cards.
We will create a hidden pocket on the bottom of the folio to hold that tabbed pull out element.
Isn’t that embossed Beautiful Board corner pretty?
And here’s a peek inside the pull out element. Lots of fun interactive elements here, too.
Graphic 45 November Time to Flourish Desk Folio Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to follow along as I create this pretty fall project, I hope you’ll enjoy this video tutorial.
We only have ONE monthly folio left to create. But don’t be sad….I’m already planning another series for 2023!
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Graphic 45 Time to Flourish Deluxe Collector’s Edition
- 8×8 Graphic 45 Paper Pad
- Reneabouquets Sugar Bee Corners
- Stackable Leaf
- Fall Mix Chrysanthemums
- Sweetheart Blossoms
- Cosmos Daisies
- Embossing Powders
- Bits and bobs from my stash
Well Kathy …this months Time to Flourish easel card is just beautiful too! Love that Renebouquets Super Bee corner board is just gorgeous! Oh my …this year is almost over …not sure how that has happened! Lol! Well can’t hardly wait to see what you have planned for next year! Thanks for sharing another great easel card from this paper collection! Hugs, Suzy Q
Every time I watch a Kathy video, the book of ‘hints’ from Kathy by Design gets a workout. The way you tuck, fold, stash, use bits and pieces and embellish to form a cohesive design is amazing. As a stamper your videos have helped me to broaden the use of my stash, especially those papers that are oftentiems it seems too lovely to cut, are now out and in use. Thankyou!
I love how you’ve been making these calendars Kathy. They could be used for different seasons and reasons and for anyone!!! Great project. Be well, be safe & TYFS
What a beautiful folio! The fall colors and all the embellishments are just wonderful! As always thank you for sharing.
Kathy, I have to say, this is one of the most breathtaking folios ever! The warm, cozy colors and your beautiful embellishments make it perfect for Autumn. I love those chipboard corners and the stackable leaf with the acorn. Again, the way you mix and match different papers is always so perfect and something I still aspire to do! Thank you for sharing this beauty! Hugs!