Reneabouquets Mirabelle Shaker Easel Card Tutorial with Photoplay Midnight Garden
Hello, Friends! It’s Throwback Thursday and I have a lovely Reneabouquets Mirabelle Shaker Easel Card Tutorial to share with you. This card has it all: fancy fold base, mixed media shaker window, beautiful florals, and to top it all off, a box pocket on the inside! You’ll learn all about it in the video tutorial below.
Mirabelle is a brand new collection of paper pretties in the Reneabouquets shop. Isn’t everything pure eye candy?
Now that you’ve seen all the gorgeous goodies in this collection, let’s dig into this card tutorial.
Mixed Media Shaker Window
Oh, how I enjoy making shaker cards! All those glittery bits and pieces that catch the light make my heart happy! Here’s how I made it:
- First, paint a Reneabouquets Medium Heart Deco Circle Frame with Shaded Lilac Distress Paint.
- Next, spray the frame lightly with a purple or lavender mist. You do not want full coverage. Just some flecks of a contrasting shade of purple will do the job.
- Then, when the paint has dried, apply Versamark or other embossing ink over the surface of the frame.
- Now sprinkle the frame randomly with Seth Apter Ancient Amber Baked Textures and heat dry.
- While the frame is cooling, die cut a circle of clear acetate that is roughly the same diameter. Adhere this to the back of the cooled frame with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Now apply 3 layers of foam tape on the back of the frame. The foam tape goes on the inside ring of the frame.
- Die cut a circle that is slightly larger than the inner circle of the frame. Place your shaker elements on the circle and then press the foam tape over it to create a shaker box.
A Peek Inside
Here’s a look at the inside of the card. you can see the 1/4″ deep shaker box on the bottom.
It’s a handy spot for tucking in a little dimensional surprise like this bookmark and mini folio.
Instead of tea, I added a homemade button card and a paper bobbin wound with seam binding ribbon. I’ll show you how to do this in the video tutorial.
Reneabouquets Mirabelle Shaker Easel Card Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to learn how to build this easel card/box pocket base and see the card cover come together, please enjoy this video tutorial on my YouTube channel.
You can find a linked supply list for this project below this post.
And, if you’d like to purchase this card you can find it in my Etsy Shop.
Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!
- Photoplay Midnight Garden
- Shaded Lilac Distress Paint
- Embossing Ink Pad
- Seth Apter Ancient Amber Baked Texture
- Shimmer Spray
- Acetate Sheet
- 1/8″ Foam Strips
- Jelly Fish Sparkletz