Part 2 How to Build a Mini Album From Scratch with Stamperia Welcome Home
Hello, Friends! Just as I promised, I’m back today with Part 2 How to Build a Mini Album From Scratch. If you missed Part One, you can find it HERE. That segment of the tutorial shows you how to create the chipboard album cover, spine, and interactive page signatures. Today wepre going to focus on covering the tags using scraps, decorating the inside cover, and creating a fun flap/hidden pocket page for the back inside cover. Are you up for it?
Creating Decorative Tags
Y’all know how much I enjoy working with tags. I had 3 G45 Square Tags left over from an earlier album project, and decided this would be a good time to use them. Now, you can use a LOT of designer paper covering the front and back of these tags. And I was only willing to devote one sheet of 12×12 paper and some paper scraps for that purpose. Since I had 3 tags, that meant I needed to cut 6 tag covers. You can’t cut 6 full tag covers from that amount of paper. What to do?
- First, cut 3 full covers using the Graphic 45 Square Tags Die.
- Next, line the top of the tag die (the domed part) over 3 scraps of patterned paper. Run through your machine and set aside.
- Then place the bottom portion of the die (with the rounded corners) over 3 more scraps of paper and die cut again.
- Now you can piece the die cut top and bottom with scraps of patterned papers to fill in then blanks. I like to tear the edges for a more organic look. You can watch this process in the video tutorial below.
You can also watch me decorate the tags with fussy cuts and ephemera bits. Didn’t they turn out so cute?
Decorating the Inside Covers
We’ll get more collage practice in during this tutorial segment, too, friends. And I’ll share some fun ways to add interactive elements to the inside covers of your album.
Part 2 How to Make a Mini Album from Scratch on YouTube
So are you ready to get your craft on? Please enjoy this video tutorial on my YouTube Channel.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post in case you want to purchase the materials for your own mini album. Of course, you can just follow the steps and use papers that you have in your stash.
I’ll be back tomorrow with Part 3 of the tutorial.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamperia Welcome Home
- Prima Venetian Shutters
- Acetate Sheets
- Shaker Mix
- 1/2″ Scor-Tape
- Lavender Cardstock
- Graphic 45 Square Kraft Tags (Out of Kraft, but Ivory would work fine)
- Square Tags Die
- Green Cardstock from my stash
- Buttons and Charms from my stash
- 4″ x 6″ piece of green ticking material from the fabric store