Photoplay Grease Monkey Masculine Cards
Hello, Friends! Today I have a couple of quick and easy Photoplay Grease Monkey Masculine Cards to share with you. These are great for graduation, birthdays, and other occasions when you need a card for the guys in your life.
Ticket to Ride
I love it when a card can be used for lots of different purposes. This 5″ x 7″ top fold card is great for the young man who just passed his driver’s test. It’s also a fun graduation or birthday card . You could even use this card as a “milestone” birthday card, thanks to the speed limit sign on the background paper.
The “key” (see what I did there?) is to add foam tape between layers to make the simple elements pop off off the page. Then tie a key on with some bakers twine, thrown in a few gears, and you’re nearly done. Add a pop of color with the ticket from the ephemera pack. Simple, but effective!
Here’s a peek inside.
Happy Birthday Handsome Slimline Shaker Card
This card is almost too easy to make. The trick is using the Photoplay #9 Slimline Dies to create a shaker window. Here’s how I did it:
- Cut silver foil paper using the next to largest die . Use some post it tape or mint tape to hold the die in place.
- Now, use a ruler and a craft knife to cut along the scored lined inside the silver panel. If you place the paper on a glass cutting mat, the craft knife will glide along the surface and create a nice, clean cut.
- Next, line the back side of the frame with clear cardstock.
- Then add 3 layers of foam tape to the back of the frame.
- Place a shaker mix and small metal gears over the patterned paper layer, then press the frame in place.
- Now place dimensionals on the back of the banner sticker and adhere to the card.
- Finally, place foam tape on the back of the “Happy Birthday” sticker and you’re done!
Here’s a peek inside. Stamp a sentiment on a blank piece of cardstock so you can write a personal note.
Then create a little gift card wallet to tuck inside the pocket. Boom! You’re done!
I love it when a sharp looking card only takes about 30 minutes to make. How about you?
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Photoplay Grease Monkey Paper Collection
- Grease Monkey Ephemera Pack
- Photoplay #9 Slimline Die
- Haunted House Shaker Mix
- Licorice Bakers Twine
- Keys and Gears from my stash