Pink Autumn Thanksgiving Wreath Tea Party in a Box with Reneabouquets Beautiful Board
Hello, Friends! I know I said I was probably done making Autumn cards, but then I hatched the idea to make this Pink Autumn Thanksgiving Wreath Tea Party in a Box…and, how could I say no? This might be my favorite Autumn creation thus far, so I had to share it with you.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the entire year. I love that we set a whole day aside just to say “thank you” for all the blessings in our lives. (I have developed the habit of looking for the good and being grateful for it every day. Because of it, I’m a happier person.) But It’s good to have a day when we take inventory of all the GOOD thing that surround us, instead of always moaning about the bad things. Spending time with family is irreplaceable. Tables groaning under the weight of food that has been lovingly prepared is a GOOD thing! So I celebrate Thanksgiving in a big way. To me, this card captures the beauty and bounty of the holiday I love so much.
This Thanksgiving wreath in Reneabouquet’s shop caught my eye. The softer autumn hues are a perfect pairing for Prima’s Pink Autumn collection. The front cover of this beauty comes together very quickly, but looks as though hours were spent on it. That’s the beauty of printed Beautiful Board. All the heavy lifting has been done for you. Here’s how the cover came together.
- First, join two 6″ x 11″ panels of chocolate brown cardstock together. Score from left to right at 6″ and again at 7″. Fold. Score again at 6″ and 7″. Then score one final time at 9 1/2″. This small flap will be the box pocket face. Trim away the excess paper.
- Next, cut a 5 3/4″ square” panel of the pastel pumpkin foiled paper.
- Then cut a 5 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ strip of the brown pumpkin patterned paper from the A4 pad. This is the belly band. This darker band of paper helps the soft colors of the wreath pop off the page.
- Now trim around the edges of the 12×12 “Give Thanks” sentiment.
- Place foam tabs or strips on the back of the wreath and position over the sentiment. Then center and adhere. Place foam on the turkey and adhere on the left hand side of the wreath.
- Arrange Pink Autumn florals in the corners of the wreath. Add a Vanilla Shimmer Satin Bow and Metallic String to complete the composition.
Something about this card takes me right back to my Great-Grandmother’s house at Thanksgiving.
Tea Party in a Box
Here’s a peek at the Tea Party in a Box.
I used the vellum sheet from Pink Autumn to make a little 4″ x 5″ note card and treat envelope to go along with all the usual suspects.
This little ensemble makes a wonderful hostess gift. Since I’m the one who usually prepares and hosts the feast, perhaps I shall give this one to myself. Just kidding…you can actually find it in my Etsy shop.
Thanks for indulging me in my passion for fall this year. I’ll turn on the Christmas creations soon. I just hate rushing through my favorite season of the year. So this year I decided to celebrate fall with all of you. I hope you don’t mind.
You’ll find a linked supply list below the post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Prima Pink Autumn Collection
- Reneabouquets Small Thankful Wreath with Turkey
- Vanilla Shimmer Satin