Amazing Paper Grace Poinsettia Sleigh Shaker Card with the November 2020 Die of the Month
Hello, Friends! Let’s ring in November with this adorable APG Poinsettia Sleigh Shaker Card. It’s going to be a whole month of holiday inspiration here at Kathy by Design, and I can’t think of a better way to get the party started! This 7″ x 5″ top fold card is my first play with the November 2020 APG Club Kit,. But I promise you, it won’t be my last. This die is fun, fun, fun to use!
As is the case with all of Becca’s dies, this one is very versatile. I love the fact that the set comes with the sweetest etched poinsettia dies and a lovely greenery filler die. Instead of building the 3-D pop up version this time, I decided to cut the sleigh pieces from metallic cardstock and use as the focal image on top of a shaker frame.
Dashing Thru the Snow! Poinsettia Sleigh Shaker Card Details
For this first peek, I combined the sleigh with Carta Bella’s Christmas Delivery papers. Classic red, black and white at Christmas always makes me happy. The shaker frame is created with Becca’s Picot Petite Ovals Die. Rather than fill the sleigh with the poinsettias, I clustered them together on the side of the card with greenery and ribbons. Here’s how I put the sleigh together.
- First, cut the sleigh outline from patterned metallic paper. This has been in my stash for years, but I never used it until now.
- Next, cut the swirl accents from red metallic foil paper and white glitter paper.
- Then cut the filigree front of the sleigh from red metallic paper and white glitter paper.
- Now use 1/8″ foam strips to layer all the sleigh pieces together. Offset the layers to create a snowy border on your sleigh.
- Die cut the flowers from red metallic paper. Fill the centers with beaded berry clusters.
- Finish the card front with ribbon, jingle bells and a resin star.
Poinsettia Sleigh Shaker Card: A Peek Inside
The inside of this classic card is sweet and simple. Create a little note card from designer paper scraps. Line the interior with a blank sentiment panel and a decorative edge on the bottom. Tuck it into a pocket along with a mini candy cane and a Ghiradelli Snowman treat.
TIP: Stuck with a “not quiet long enough” cardstock scrap? Try scoring it so that the front edge is shorter than the back edge. This creates a great designer look! No one will ever guess your secret unless you tell them!
If you’d like to see more samples of this lovely APG Poinsettia Sleigh, click HERE.
Not a member of the APG Die of the Month Club? You can sign up here. The Poinsettia Sleigh will be your first die of the month.
Missing some past club kits that you’d like to add to your stash? Then you will love this SALE.
I’m excited to start sharing loads of Christmas inspiration with you over the next 6 weeks! It’s going to be a very Merry Christmas season here at Kathy by Design! What sorts of Christmas projects would you like to see? Please let me know in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Silver Metallic Star Ribbon
- Carta Bella Christmas Delivery
- Shaker Mix
- White Glitter Paper
- Clear Cardstock (Acetate)
- Bits and Bobs from my stash