Pumpkin Chai Tea Themed Card with Really Reasonable Ribbon and Photoplay
Hello, Friends! Today’s Pumpkin Chai Tea Themed Card is the perfect tribute to fall! Everything I love about Autumn can be found in this card. Tea? Yes, please! Fall flowers? Oh, my yes! Beautiful ribbons and trims? Yes, again…thanks to Really Reasonable Ribbon. Autumn hued designer papers? Yes! Photoplay Paper’s lovely Autumn Greetings Paper Collection works perfectly with all of the above!
Tips and Tricks
Here’s a sneaky little paper crafting trick that I love to use.
- First, select the tea pot image from the 3×4 cut apart page.
- Then use a circle die to cut out the teapot image from the center of the card.
- Now back the image with foam tape.
- Next, tuck the top and bottom of the card behind the plaid patterned paper. The image has that cute yellow/gold lattice pattern, and the border is already there so you don’t even have to mat it!
- Finally stitch all the paper layers together on your sewing machine.
- Die cut a doily from patterned papers, or use a store bought doily instead.
- Adhere the teapot image to the center of the doily. It’s a perfect fit!
I never quite feel that a card is complete until I have added some ribbon, or trims and flowers. Before I adhered the stitched layers onto my card front, I wrapped the left hand side with Antique Gold and Brown Burlap String. Leave the ends long so that you can string on some sweet little tea themed charms and tie a bow.
Add a pop of whimsy to the card with a Hedgehogs and Pumpkins Satin Ribbon border. Again, adhere this to the card with Scor-Tape before you attach the card front to the card base.
Tie a pretty burlap string bow and top it with Mixed Earth Tone Magnolias and Roses. Ink some leaves with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and add them to the bundle.
Here’s a peek at the inside of this warm, rustic card. I made a little pocket, because if you have a tea themed card, one must add a little tea wallet somewhere!
Top a wee tag with more burlap string and add it to the pocket to keep the tea wallet company!
Have you started making fall cards yet? I love working with the warm, nostalgic colors and images of autumn papers. I’m still waiting for some new goodies to arrive, so hopefully I’ll have more to share with you soon.
You’ll find a linked supply list below the post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Photoplay Paper
- Cheery Lynn Tea Doily Die
- Prima With Love Tea Charms