Purple Songbird All Occasion Greeting Card with Gift Card Wallet and Button Card
Hello, Ribbon Lovers! Are you up for one more project made with the Perfectly Purple Ribbon Club Mix from Really Reasonable Ribbon? I have had such fun with these pretty purple ribbons. Today I have a Purple Songbird All Occasion Greeting Card to share with you. It’s beautifully vintage and loaded with goodies on the inside.
The inspiration for this 5″ x 7″ top fold card came from this gorgeous songbird image. I found the French Post Card Bird Digital Images and they just flew into my shopping cart. This lovely wee songbird is perching in a Country Chic Digital Frame.
I’ve had loads of fun finding purple papers in my stash to go along with these pretty purple ribbons. This card features papers from Graphic 45’s Place in Time and Secret Garden Collections.
Here’s how I made this pretty bow cluster:
- First,tie a 3.5″ double loop bow from Hyacinth Taffeta Ribbon on your Zutter Bow it All Tool.
- Next, tie a 2.5″ double loop bow from Crosshatch on Delphinium Satin Ribbon. Hot glue this on top of the taffeta ribbon, and adjust the tails. Hold in place until the glue sets.
- Finally, thread a mother of pearl button with a thin strip of lavender cardstock and glue it on top.
Decorate the tops of each tag with a snippet of the crosshatch ribbon and a pretty flat back pearl cabochon.
How to Turn a Purple Songbird Card into a Gift
Turn this Purple Songbird card into a gift by adding a pair of pockets to the inside.
The top pocket contains this pretty gift card wallet.
A small tag makes a great tuck spot, and the pocket can hold a gift card, or a tea bag. Making the gift card wallet is quick and easy:
- First, cut an 8×5″ long x 5″ tall strip of lavender cardstock.
- Score on the long side at 3.5″ and again at 7″.
- Fold to form a little wallet.
- Place 1/4″ Scor-Tape around the front, spine and back covers. Then secure Crosshatch Delphinium Satin to form the ribbon closure.
- Add a rhinestone cabochon on the front of the gift wallet.
- Decorate the front and interior.
- Use a circle punch to create a thumb hole.
- Glue just the top and bottom edge of the short flap to form a pocket.
- Cut a tag from the May pages of Place in Time. Glue just the bottom edge to create a tuck spot.
And what paper pretties do we find in the bottom pocket?
A sweet little handmade button card and a pretty postcard.
I love anything with vintage style bird images, so this Purple Songbird All Occasion Greeting card is precisely my cup of tea. (Pardon the pun!)
I hope you’ve found some tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
I just love purple and a vintage look. Another great card! tjigo
Kathy, this card with goodies is so delightful. The songbird theme is such a happy one. Of course, the purple ribbon color themes are lovely. It all comes together so well. Thanks for sharing it.
I really love all the purple on this card and, like you, I just love birds!…and butterflies and flowers! It must be a delight receiving a card from you, sweet surprises at every turn! So fun AND so lovely. Sitting with your card and savoring all the rich detail has been a bright spot in my day.
Hi Kathy, This is gorgeous. i love the color, and the bird are a special touch of beauty. Love it….hugs have a good day.
Let me try this again…Kathy, this is a new favorite for me–love the purples and birds! But it’s all those special pockets, tuck spots and other little details that just make this so dear to me! Love this! Sending hugs!