Saint. Patrick’s Day Tea Party in a Box with Authentique Dublin Collection
Hello, Friends! Pull up a chair and join me for a Saint Patrick’s Day Tea Party in a Box! Having an Irish heritage, I love this vibrant holiday! Remember having to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day so you don’t get pinched? This Authentique Dublin box style folio sparkles with gold straight from the leprechauns’ vast hoard! Let’s take a look at the details, shall we?
This box style folio measures 5 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ and has a 1″ top fold spine. You can learn how to create this style folio, and the box pocket on the inside by watching THIS video. The measurements are slightly different, but the process is the same. Make the shaker element with an altered Tim Holtz vignette frame. Learn how to do that in THIS video. Here’s how I altered the frame:
- Paint the frame with ivory chalk paint.
- Tap with Peeled Paint Distress Ink, then spritz lightly with water. Heat dry.
- Now brush the frame with gold mica gel (link below the post.)
That’s all there is to it!
Saint Patrick’s Day Tea Party in a Box: The Pull Out Pages
The top half of the folio is a sweet little pull out mechanism. Here’s how to make it:
- First, cut one sheet of Spectrum Forest Green Cardstock into (2) 12″ x 5″ panels.
- Next, line the 5″ side of one panel with 1/2″ Scor-Tape. Remove the liner, and carefully overlap the other Forest Green panel over the 1/2″ line of tape. Keep everything nice and straight.
- From the left, score at 4 1/4″.
- Fold the score line, then score every 5″ all the way down the panel. You’ll have 2 short flaps on each end.
- Accordion fold so that both short pieces end up on the top of the pile, one under the other.
- Place Scor-Tape on the back of the folio and wrap the folio with a long piece of ribbon. Tie a bow to secure the pages. Then center and adhere to the top of the card. Now all you have to do is decorate!
Create a little pocket for the front of the pull out mechanism. I tucked in my favorite Irish Soda Bread recipe, which always makes an appearance for St. Patrick’s Day in our house!
Decorate the pages with 5 3/8″ panels of Dublin Cardstock. To create the flap elements, mat images on either 3 3/4″ x 4″ panels of Spectrum Kelly Green Cardstock (horizontal flaps) or 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ panels for vertical flaps. Don’t you love the images in this collection?
Saint Patrick’s Day Tea Party in a Box: Let’s Party!
This box pocket is filled to the brim with St. Patrick’s Day Treats!
TIP: Wrap your treats in scraps left from creating the folio elements. Then decorate them with punch out elements from the Cardstock Components sheet. I’ve added cookies, Irish Breakfast Tea, a honey pouch, a honey dipper, 2 chocolate mint Ghiradelli chocolates, a note card and a vintage silver plate spoon. Just add hot water and a friend!
What are your favorite Saint. Patrick’s Day traditions? We usually enjoy a shepherd’s pie with Irish soda bread a bit of Guinness on our supper table. Music by the Irish Rovers is the perfect finishing touch! I’d love to hear how you celebrate in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Leprechaun’s Luck Shaker Mix
- 49 & Market Bottle Green Botanical Blooms
- buttons from my stash