Sea Beauty Flip Folio Tutorial with Prima French Riviera and Reneabouquets
Hello, Friends! It’s Throwback Thursday, and I have this lovely Sea Beauty Flip Folio Tutorial to share with you. A couple of weeks ago I shared a Mermaid’s Garden Shaker Card using this lovely mermaid from the Reneabouquets By the Sea Collection. It was so popular, I decided to create another project around it for Throwback Thursday. This time I dug deep into the Closet of Inspiration and Delight where I found this 2015 French Riviera collection from Prima Marketing. Talk about a perfect color match!
Next, I went through my stack of abandoned card bases and flip folios. Sometimes, just for fun, I create a stack of fancy fold card bases or a little flip folio base. Then I decide to do something else. These treasures get stored away until fresh inspiration strikes. I found this lovely little 6×6 flip folio and decided to put it to good use. Now the fun gets started!
Sea Beauty Step by Step
- First, cover the folio with 6×6 panels of French Riviera wood grain cardstock.
- Then, tear scraps of patterned paper into random shapes.
- Next, smoosh Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on a non-stick craft sheet. Spritz with a mister bottle of water until little beads form.
- Now tap and swipe the papers through the inky puddle to create a distressed paper layer over the woodgrain layer.
- Finally, tap the Reneabouquets tag in the tiny dots of ink to add a little extra texture to the surface.
- Now you can adhere the torn paper to both the folio cover and the blank portions of the tag.
- Then arrange the mermaid, tiny fish, seahorses and trinkets. This is always the most fun part for me.
- Finish off with some real shells, Sea Glass Beauty Beads, flowers and ribbon.
A Peek Inside
We’ll go over the construction of the folio base and page mechanisms in the video tutorial below.
If one pocket is good, then a double pocket is doubly good! Fill the flap page with bitty Beautiful Board Tags, mini folios and journaling cards.
Don’t be fooled by the petite size of this folio! There is a ton of room for photos and journaling, thanks to all the little flips, flaps and hidden pockets.
I’ve used Reneabouquets beach goodies throughout this album. You can find them all in the linked supply list below this post.
Don’t you just love the vintage patina and images in this collection?
This is such a fun project to make. I hope you’ll give it a try. Even if you don’t have this collection in your stash, you can use the design and measurements with another collection.
Sea Beauty Flip Folio Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to get the measurements and details for making the folio, please enjoy this Throwback Thursday Tutorial.
Thanks so much for stopping by my friends!
- Prima French Riviera Paper Collection (Retired) **Note…I did a quick search and found a few odd pieces can still be found on E-bay and Amazon)
- A4 Pad
- 6×6 Pad
- Reneabouquets By the Sea Collection
- Reneabouquets Small Mermaid Dreams Set
- Mermaids Welcome Small Sign
- Queen Ann’s Lace Tags
- Little Birdie Flowers
- Arctic Ice Embossed Daisies (Out of stock, but you could substitute Tania Song of the Sea)
- Song of the Sea Tulips (out of stock but you could substitute Song of the Sea Berries)
- Ombre Organza Ribbon (out of stock)
- Gold Metallic String
Kathy, I am head over heals for this folio! OMG, it is so gorgeous and has so many lovely surprises inside. Of course the mermaid on the front is the star of the show. How beautiful she is holding her starfish. The images on the inside are fantastic and I love the ladies in their vintage swimsuits frolicking in the water. Thank you so much for sharing! Hugs!
Sea (she) is beautiful, Kathy!
Oh getting to see the whole project makes me say YUM!! It is so gorgeous and so packed fully of wonderful details. Thank you so much for taking us to the beach with you. It was an amazing trip!!
Hi Kathy! You have absolutely outdone yourself. What an elegant and fabulous scene! I love how the glass beads and the gorgeous flowers give this scene life. It’s truly amazing! I love, love, love it!! God bless you, my friend. Hugs
Such a beautiful folio! Love to see what you do with a small amount of paper! Hugs.
This is jammed packed with much goodness Kathy! I love it. Such a great keepsake for anyone who receives it. Do you have anything along this folio type that would end up being 5X7? I’d be able to put that in a priority small flat rate box. I’d love to make one & send it to my sister in Arizona. She would love to receive one of these & just flip through everything. Be well, be safe & TYFS
I love seeing your creative process in the videos. We go to the beach in Texas every summer, and I take a lot of pictures. What a lovely way to display them! Thanks for the inspiration.
As the master you are, you’ve created such a magical world and beautiful layout. This is so inspiring and those colors just make me swoon. As usual you have transported us to a magical place and given us such a treat this morning.
Thanks so much for this Throwback Thursday tutorial. So many flaps and pockets in the folio! Love all the inspiration in your videos.