#Simply G45 Time to Flourish Gift Card Set
Hello G45’ers! You all know that I love to create elaborate layered cards. But what you might NOT know is that I also create loads of very simple, quick to make cards. These get tucked into my Etsy shop orders as a way to thank my customers for their business. I also like to create card sets as birthday/Christmas gifts for friends and family. One of my friends had a birthday last week. It just so happens that the monthly challenge at Graphic 45 is #SimplyG45 . So the
project I have to share with you today is a #SimplyG45 Time to Flourish Gift Card Set.
This is a set of four 4.25″ x 5.5″ all occasion cards made with ONE sheet of Graphic 45’s gorgeous Time to Flourish Collection. (retired) I tied them together with seam binding ribbon for a pretty (and simple) presentation.
What is #SimplyG45?
A #SimplyG45 project is supposed to cost less than $10 for all supplies. It’s supposed to be easy to make, and be made in an hour or less. And yes, I did manage to make a set of 4 lovely cards for under $10. The final tally for all my supplies was a meager $9.41. I did manage to make all 4 cards in an hour…but let me tell you…that second hand had me sweating! LOL Let’s take a look at how this sweet and simply #SimplyG45 Time to Flourish Gift Card Set.
#SimplyG45 Time To Flourish Gift Card Set: The Supplies
To make this card set you will need:
- 1 sheet of Time to Flourish August Cut Apart Paper
- Time to Flourish Cardstock Flower Sheet
- 4 sheets of Time to Flourish 6×6 Patterns and solids
- 2 sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ ivory cardstock
- 1/2 sheet each of yellow and soft blue 8.5″ x 11 Cardstock
- some buttons
- 2 yards of seam binding ribbon
- Water Soluble ink to dye your ribbon (Optional…and I did not include this in the price of the project as ink is a staple that we all have on hand. I also did not figure in the cost of my adhesive.)
#SimplyG45 Time To Flourish Gift Card Set
TIP: To make quick work of cardmaking, use an assembly line approach. Keep most of your measurements consistent for all 4 cards. Keep the embellishments simple and similar to one another for ease of assembly. Here are the simple steps I followed to create these cards.
- First, create cut two sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock in half. I chose to cut my cardstock to measure 4.25″ x 11. Then I scored it in half at 5.5″. This gave me two top fold vertical cards and two side fold horizontal cards. Lay each folded card base on your work surface.
- Next, cut a sheet of yellow and a sheet of light blue cardstock in half. Save the other halves for another day. Trim cardstock to measure 4″ x 5.25″. Lay one piece on top of each card base.
- Now, select 4 sheets from the 6″ x 6″ Time to Flourish Patterns and Solids pad. Cut each piece to measure 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Lay each piece on one of your card piles. Save the extra pieces to use as layering elements.
- Then, cut the August Time to Flourish page apart. Choose focal images and lay on each pile.
#SimplyG45 Time To Flourish Gift Card Set: Quick and Easy Flower Making
I love to make my own flowers…but it can take a LOT of time. Using the Graphic 45 cardstock flowers is a very affordable way to add a lovely, custom embellishment to a project. Here’s how I made these flowers.
- Punch out 3 blue flower layers and about 7 yellow flowers from the cardstock sheet. (For the yellow flowers, I opted to use the back side of the cardstock flowers.)
- Lightly brush the edges of the petals with ink. I used G45 Dark Cashmere Decades ColorBox Ink, but any water soluble ink will do.
- Next, you need to shape your flowers.
TIP: Keep it simple! I rolled my petal edges around the barrel of a pencil. Then I used my worked my thumbs around the center of each flower layer to cup it. This takes less than a minute for each flower.
- When all the flower layers are shaped, stack them together using hot glue or wet glue to adhere. Add a simple button to the center of each flower.
#SimplyG45 Time To Flourish Gift Card Set: Custom Dyed Ribbon
In Kathy World, no card is complete without ribbon. To keep the cost down, I custom dyed white seam binding ribbon with my inks. Then I tied all four bows at the same time. To add more texture, I also tied 4 burlap string bows.
#SimplyG45 Time To Flourish Gift Card Set: Card #1
#SimplyG45 Time To Flourish Gift Card Set: Card #2
This card used one of the blue mats and a green micro dot paper from the 6×6 pad.
#SimplyG45 Time To Flourish Gift Card Set: Card #3
For this card, I turned my card base on its side to create a side fold horizontal card.
#SimplyG45 Time To Flourish Gift Card Set: Card #4
This is another horizontal side fold card.
#SimplyG45 Time To Flourish Gift Card Set: What’s inside?
Use the scraps and leftover cut aparts to simply decorate the inside of each card. Make a quick and easy pocket and tuck in a tea bag or other small treat. To make the pocket, punch a half moon shape with a circle punch. Then adhere 3 sides of a leftover piece of the Patterns and solids paper. This is a gift that anyone would love to receive!
I hope I’ve shared some tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures. And be sure to link up your own #SimplyG45 project on the Graphic 45 Facebook page. Use the #SimplyG45 to tag your project. One lucky project will be randomly selected to win a great prize package.
Thanks for stopping by!