Slimline Butterfly Garden Birthday Cake for Really Reasonable Ribbon
Hello, Friends! Today’s Slimline Butterfly Garden Birthday Cake card kicks off Birthday Season in the Clement household! Between June-September, we celebrate 10 birthdays! All of them call for cards, of course. But they also call for cake! So I’ve featured this pretty Butterfly Garden Cake. The whole thing is tied together with a bodacious Island Blue Diamond Satin Bow from the Really Reasonable Ribbon June Ribbon Club Assortment.
Your card will always take the cake if you follow some simple designer tips & tricks:
- First, anchor your card base with a ribbon border. Before you add your card front to the card base, wrap it with 1/2″ Scor-Tape and a length of Island Blue Satin Ribbon.
- Next, tie a bodacious double loop bow with a little help from the Bow-it-All Tool.
- Now, top that bow with an Iridescent string bow to add a bit of birthday sparkle.
- Then tuck a few birthday candles behind the bow, just for fun.
- Finally, glue a white chrysanthemum to the top of the bow.
You might think that growing a year older is the best reason to have a birthday. But I happen to think that cake is the better excuse! Here’s how I dressed up this sweet birthday cake.
- First, heat emboss a Reneabouquets Small Butterflies and Roses Chip with Opaque White Embossing Powder.
- Next, fussy cut the birthday cake from a 3×4 card. Back it with foam tape and adhere between the bow and the chipboard.
- Now, cluster up some roses and mulberry flowers around the base of the cake plate.
- Then scatter some beautiful beads around the flower cluster.
- Finally, adorn the cake and the card with lots of tiny butterflies! (linked below)
A Peek Inside
Add a sweet pocket and gift card wallet inside the card. This paper is sooo pretty, I didn’t want to cover it up, so I kept the inside pretty simple.
The gift card wallet is decorated on the inside and has a stripey pocket for a gift card or other small treat.
Do you have a birthday season in your family? Getting this card made leaves me with just 9 more to go! Better get busy!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Island Blue Diamond Satin
- Iridescent Metallic String
- 1/2″ Scor-Tape
- Bow-it-All Tool
- Mixed Pink Cottage Roses
- Cosmos Daisies
- Memory Place Time to Celebrate paper Collection(retired)
Birthdays and Butterflies, how sweet it is!!! Love the colorful, sweet papers with all the sweet treats! Another beauty created from your beautiful hands.
Love the bright, fresh colors that just pop! Delightful card, and I do love slimlines !
this is the most festive birthday card I have seen in a long time. I get a vintage feel, I get mixed media feel, I really like it! Beautiful card Kathy, really sweet. Enjoy your Monday!!!
Wow! Love this. Love the colors and especially the design. As always so very talented…
Beautiful birthday card, Kathy!!! All the awesome details make this very special – beautiful work, my friend!!
I firmly believe anything is always about the cake (and it’s friend crème brûlée). What a lovely glorious way to celebrate a birthday – a stunning card from you! Everything about this card screams celebration and I love you. I am sure the cakes you make for the occasion are as pretty as your cards. Have an extra slice for me! Hugs all around…
What a darling card, Kathy! I love all the bright colors and that banner. As always your sweet little buttons are such a lovely embellishment and the bow is gorgeous! I’m with you. Birthdays are all about the cake! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!