This hop is now closed. The winning comment is from SueD. Thanks for hopping!
Spellbinders Club Kits May 2020 Blog Hop: Amazing Paper Grace Fleur Di Lis Grandeur Fold Over with Simple Stories Vintage Garden District
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Spellbinders Club Kits May 2020 Blog Hop. You should be coming here from Desiree’s blog. Today I’m sharing a Simple Stories Vintage Garden District card made with the Amazing Paper Grace Fleur de Lis Grandeur Fold Over Dies. This elegant die set is the APG Club kit for May, and it is glorious!
Building the Card Layers
Build these card layers by following these simple steps:
- First, prepare a 6″ x 6″ card base from cream cardstock.
- Next, cover the card front with a 6″ x 6″ panel of gold foil paper.
- Now, place the Fleur de Lis Grandeur Frame over a 6″ x 6″ piece of teal cardstock from the Simple Stories Simple Basics cardstock pack.
- Then use washi tape to secure the (4) Fold Over inserts inside the frame.
- Run the die through your machine following manufacturer instructions, then adhere to the gold foil background.
- Next, cut a panel of designer paper from the collection with the Inner Square Outline Die. Mat this on a slightly larger panel of gold foil cardstock.
- Now place the Inner Square Pattern die on a piece of gold foil paper. Center the Inner Square Label die and secure with washi tape before running through your die cut machine.
- Place 1/8″ foam adhesive on the sides of the die cut and center over the patterned paper so that the pink flowers peek through.
- Now create a burlap string wreath and place over the center opening.
- Then select a teal butterfly from the Vintage Garden District papers. Place foam adhesive in the center of the butterfly, lift the wings and adhere in the center of the wreath.
- Next tie a large loopy bow with Iridescent ribbon and adhere in the right hand corner of the card.
- Now select flowers and foliage and adhere around the card as seen in the photo.
- Then locate “The Simple Life” banner. Gently round it against the side of a pencil. Adhere just the ends to the card base to create a dimensional banner in the lower left hand corner of the card.
- Finally, adhere cream pearls to finish the card front.
A Peek Inside
Finish the inside of your card with more designer papers . Then die cut 2 of the Fold Over Inserts from scraps of your gold cardstock. Adhere these to create a little treat pocket.
This is such a pretty way to present a little chocolate treat inside the card.
Tuck a little tea bag wallet and a journal card into the larger pocket. Write your personal greeting or add a photo to the journal card. Tuck a honey stick inside the pocket to go with the tea bag, if desired. I find these honey sticks at our local farmer’s market.
Spellbinders $50 Gift Card Giveaway
To celebrate this release, Spellbinders is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 3 lucky blog readers – selected from the comments on their blog. Hop along for additional chances to win. Giveaway closes on Sunday, May 31st, 11:59 pm EDT. The winner will be announced in the blog hop post the following Tuesday. The winner is responsible for shipping cost, duties and taxes.
My $25 Gift Card Giveaway
I’ll be drawing a winner from the comments made on my blog post. The winner will receive a $25 Spellbinders gift certificate. Please comment on my blog post to be eligible. contact Spellbinders at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/5/2020 with the subject line Spellbinders May 2020 Blog Hop Winner from Kathy Clement’s Blog. I’ll contact the winner via e-mail and post the name at the top of this post on May 31st.
Please note, store credit (gift certificate) cannot be applied to Club Subscriptions. Store credit can be applied to shop past Club products, Club extras and regular releases.
On With the Hop!
If you’d like to see other projects created with the Fleur de Lis Grandeur card, please click HERE.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and inspiration that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. You will find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for hopping by!
- Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace Fleur de Lis Grandeur Fold Over Die
- Simple Stories
- Brush Gold Cardstock
- Teal Ice Variegated Ribbon
- Gold Metallic String
- Iridescent Metallic String
- Retired Petaloo Flowers and Pearls from my stash