Introducing Spellbinders Serenade of Autumn
Hello, Friends! For this week’s Make & Take Tuesday tutorial, I’m introducing Spellbinders Serenade of Autumn Release. We’ll be making this lovely mixed media embossed watercolor card front together, and we’ll take a look at all the goodies in this beautiful Spellbinders collection.
Spellbinder’s graciously sent me the 3D Embossing folder, paper pad, chipboard stickers and 3 of the dies. I liked them so much that I went back online and added the rest of the Serenade of Autumn goodies to my shopping cart. What can I say? I’m a sucker for fall!
I’ll be sharing a fun technique for making this embossed watercolor background in the video tutorial. We’ll also arrange the pretty Serenade Stems on the card front.
Inking, Embossing, and Stamping Oh, My!
Here are a few tips for working with 3-D Embossing folders:
- First, make sure you have the correct plates for your sandwich. 3-D Embossing folders are thicker than standard embossing folders, and will not work with your regular plates. I invested in the Universal Plate System which comes with the grey adapter plate. It is the exact right thickness for working with 3-D embossing folders.
- Next, choose a sturdy sheet of smooth white cardstock for your background. Watercolor paper is perfect (use the smooth side). But I chose Heartfelt Creations Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper. It held up very well to the ink, water and pressure.
- Select inks that work well with your designer papers. I chose Speckled Egg, Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters, Scattered Straw and Tea Dye Oxide Inks.
- Be sure to emboss your background while it is still slightly damp. This will give you the deepest impressions.
- Finally, ink goes on the FLAT side of your embossing folder. Place your background paper on the raised side of the embossing folder for an embossed design. If you wish to use a debossed design, place your paper on the “flat” side of the embossing folder and the ink on the raised side.
A Peek Inside
I finished the inside of my card with papers from Simple Stories Country Harvest.
Use your scraps to create a little tea wallet for a Pumpkin Spice tea bag, tuck in a tasty chocolate treat, a honey stick and a lovely journal card for a picture perfect finish.
Spellbinders Serenade of Autumn Mixed Media Card Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to learn how I created this lovely mixed media background, I hope you’ll enjoy this tutorial on my YouTube Channel.
I’ll be back tomorrow with another Serenade of Autumn project! In the meantime, you can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!
- Spellbinders Serenade of Autumn
- Universal Plate System
- Amazing Paper Grace Fluted Oval Etched Dies
- Forget me Not Wax Seal Stamp
- Wax Beads: Pastel Aqua and Gold
- Copper Metallic Cardstock
- Heartfelt Creations Flower Shaping Cardstock
- Distress Oxide Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Shabby Shutters, Tea Dye, Speckled Egg
- Pumpkin Baker’s Twine
- Simple Stories Country Harvest papers