Spellbinders Sparkling Holiday Swans: Quick and Easy Cardmaking
Hello Friends! Let’s kick off our creative week with a trio of Spellbinders Sparkling Holidays Swan Cards. Mondays can be tough. Sometimes a quick and easy card is the perfect way to jump start your creativity and get the old mojo flowing.
These little 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ cards have been made with the Spellbinder’s Sparkling Holiday October 2019 Card Club Kit. Everything you need to make them comes in the kit: card bases, envelopes, designer paper, stickers, adhesives, stamps, rhinestones and dies. I added a couple of Nestabilities Standard Circle Dies from my Spellbinders stash. You can take a closer look at the kit HERE. Because it is last year’s kit, it is on sale.
I thought I would share the “recipe” for each of these card designs with you. These are basic card layouts that you can use with any paper collection in your stash.
- First, die cut the swan image from the paper collection with a circle die.
- Next, mat the die cut image on a circle cut from pink cardstock.
- Now cover the card base with a 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ panel of the snowflake print paper.
- Then cut a 2 1/4″ x 5 3/8″ panel of the fir branches and adhere on the left hand side.
- Place the matted swan image on the card as seen.
- Now frame the image with a glittered snowflake sticker and the layered wreath sticker.
- Die cut a poinsettia from scraps of silver foil and lavender cardstock. Adhere a rhinestone in the center and adhere to the left of the wreath sticker.
- First, die cut a panel of the green branches from your patterned paper.
- Then die cut a lavender circle to serve as the mat.
- Next, die cut a 4″ x 5 1/4″ panel of the fir tree patterned paper and adhere to the card base.
- Cut 2 fishtail banners from scraps of the Christmas Star and Pink Snowflake patterned papers. Overlap and adhere to the card base.
- Now adhere the die cut circles.
- Locate the layered swan sticker and adhere near the base of the circles.
- Die cut some poinsettias and firs branches from silver foil and lavender cardstock. Adhere the glittered “25” sticker over the “All is Calm” ephemera circle placing dimensionals between the layers. Then adhere at the top of the large die cut circle. Frame with die cut poinsettia.
- Locate the sentiment sticker and adhere.
Christmas Wish Swan
- First, cut a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ panel of lavender cardstock.
- Next, cut a 5 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ panel of the Christmas Star patterned paper and adhere.
- Mat a 4 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ panel of the swan designer paper on a 5″ x 4″ panel of pink cardstock and adhere.
- Cut a glitter snowflake in half and wrap around the top edge of the panel. Now you can adhere the card front to the card base.
- Finally, adhere the “Christmas Wish” sticker and the layered poinsettia sticker in the right hand corner of the card front.
I hope these quick and easy card layouts inspire you to break out your crafty stash and start your week on a creative note!
To see more cards made from the Sparkling Holiday Card kit, click HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!