Spellbinders Welcome Fall Pumpkin Card with Prima Pumpkin and Spice
Hello, Friends! I’m hoping this Spellbinders Welcome Fall Pumpkin Card will usher in a little fall weather. It sure has been hot and steamy here in North Carolina! Even when we go out for our morning walk at 6:30, it’s too hot for this gal! So I have been locked in the studio playing with beautiful fall supplies like this Nichol Spohr die from Spellbinders. And I got to play with Prima’s pretty Pumpkin and Spice collection from last year. With all these autumn hues, rows of pumpkins, crunch apples and leaves, can fall be far behind?
The Pumpkin Stand
Pumpkins and mums are my very favorite fall emblems. My vision for this card was a roadside pumpkin and apple stand. Here’s how it came together.
- First create a 6×6 top fold card base with chocolate brown cardstock.
- Cut a 5 7/8″ square from Pumpkin and Spice. Distress the edges lightly, then ink with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
- Next cut a 2″ wide border to run down the left hand side of the page.
- Now die cut a circle plaid patterned paper.
- Then fussy cut the fall wreath from the paper collection. Back with dimensionals and adhere in the center of the card.
Don’t you just love a die that is the right size for cutting up scraps of designer paper! I cut up a whole pumpkin patch full of cute pumpkins, leaves and apples from patterned paper. Then I die cut the old wooden bushel basket to pile them into and around. To make the pumpkins blend, ink them with Spiced Marmalade and Tea Dye Distress Inks. Spritz lightly with water , then spatter with diluted white paint.
Make everything pop off the page by outlining with a white Sharpie pen. Sprinkle in some harvest Prills and some flowers to add a little extra texture. Then wrap thin organza ribbon up the left hand side of the card. Dry brush some silver acorns with copper paint and tuck them into the bow cluster.
A Peek Inside
Create a pocket inside the card, then tuck in a little tea wallet. What a fun way to welcome fall!
This is the Nichol Spohr Welcome Fall die set I used to create my pumpkin patch. You can find it HERE.
We are experiencing one of the hottest weeks of the summer right now. It was refreshing to play with fall papers and images! I hope you enjoyed it, too!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Spellbinders Welcome Fall Die Set by Nichol Spohr
- Prima Pumpkin and Spice Papers
- Ribbon, corduroy buttons and charms from my stash…and I don’t remember where they came from
- Sharpie white paint pen